Chapter Three ~ Clicking

~Scarlett~

We walk into music class, walking towards our seats. Mr. Devina smiled at us, and we smiled back. Mr. Devina, the music teacher, wasn't your average teacher.

Did your average teacher bring in ice cream almost everyday? Did they let you choose who to sit by, and let you talk to them (as long as you knew how to play the instrument they were teaching)? Did they let you choose what instrument to play, and what music to play? No, I didn't think so.

Teddy and Bon, who were in the midst of a heated argument about which flavor of ice cream was better, sat down in their usual spots, near the guitars.

I gave Tina a look as she giggled. I rolled my eyes, looking down at my phone.

"Class starts in two minutes," I told them, walking with Mary to sit next to Teddy and Bon. BB, and JJ walked in behind us, JJ slipping Dominic a piece of paper. Dom grinned, licking it. I gave him a disgusted look, which only made his smile grow.

(I actually based that on my friend. I sit next to him.

Send halp)

I shook my head, looking towards the front as Mr. Devina walked in, starting the lesson. Bon and Teddy continued bickering throughout the entire lesson, making Tina giggle more. I laughed.

I didn't need anyone but the people around me.

Notice the didn't.

~Hope~

I sat in my room with James, twiddling with my thumbs.

James was my best friend. He had been with me through thick and thin, and I loved him to bits.

As a friend, of course.

(In no way do James and I ship Hope x James. They are best friends, you pervs.)

James spoke up. "This is boring. We should do something."

(James is actually right next to me right now, telling me what his character should say.)

"Like what?" I asked.

"We could go get candy from Circle K (WedonotownanyrightstoCircleK)then come back and listen to music as we contemplate our life decisions."

I giggle. "Sure," I say as I stand up, grabbing Squishy's leash. I called Squishy, who's footsteps I could hear coming down the hall. His hot breath beat down on my legs, waiting for me to strap him up.

We stepped outside, Squishy urging for some fresh air. I sometimes let him in the backyard, but Mom says he usually digs loads of holes. Even though he had nothing to bury, he'd still make a mess of the yard.