Chapter Six ~ When the Old Man Died

The picture is basically how I imagine Tina, just with pink shorts, no little shoulder-frilly things, and pink ankle boots.

This chapter is about Scarlett, so no Hope or Lizabeth. Hope you enjoy =D

- Unedited -

-----SWEAR WARNING-----

 ~Scarlett~

I woke up at 3 AM.

I had no idea why, as I usually woke up a good four and a half hours later. I tried to go back to sleep, but I kept looking over my shoulder, as if something else was in my room.

That's when I heard it.

There was a scraping coming from downstairs, like nails on a chalkboard. Even though it was as faint as it was, I winced as if it were right next to my ear.

I slowly got out of bed, by now fully awake. I crept down the stairs, one hand on the rail. The sound was getting louder, and more unbearable. I blinked, and continued to the kitchen, where some of the cabinets were open. I kept going through to the dining room when I froze.

There, standing in the middle of the room, was me.

I mean, she wasn't me, but she looked just like me. The only difference was that her eyes were blue.

And her smile.

That. Fucking. Smile.

It was a smile of insanity, and her teeth were sharpened to a needle point. There were red splotches all over her teeth, and I'm pretty god damn sure it wasn't ketchup. To make it worse, she held a bloodied knife in her hand, toying with it as she stared at me.

By this time, the scraping had stopped, and I- the girl started walking towards me, singing some weird song. 

Ninety years without slumbering,

Tick, tock, tick, tock,

His life seconds numbering,

Tick, tock, tick, tock,

It stopped, short, never to go again,

When the old man...

By now, the girl was right in front of me, her face inches away from mine. Her grin grew more twisted as she whispered out the last word.

Died.

That was it. I turned and bolted back up the stairs, into my room, slamming the door shut behind me. I didn't care if I woke my mom up, I had to get out of there, had to get away from that...that...thing.

I never fell back asleep.

---- The Next Day ----

I walked up to my locker and heard someone I say my name from behind me. I turned around, expecting to see Mangle or something, but there was no one. People just went about their daily lives around me, ignoring me. I shrugged it off, dismissing it as just not enough sleep.

I put the rest of my books that I didn't need for my next class in my back before turning on my heel and walking to my class room.

---- During Class ----

I pressed my lips into a thin line, jotting down notes as the teacher spoke. I was taking a break, stretching my hand, when a piece of paper landed on my desk. I picked it up and unfolded it carefully. There, scrawled messily across the page, was a repeating of a message.

The clock is ticking.

I frowned, turning around to see if anyone was just pranking me. No one even glanced in my direction. I wasn't the most popular girl in school, so I didn't see why anyone would pass me a note. I frowned, turning back to the notes. I shoved it in my pocket, going back to my notes.