Chapter Five ~ Story Progression

(This is mostly just a filler chapter and I'm sorry ;~;)

(Also: SWEAR WARNING)

~...~

The curtains drew back, revealing the joyous faces of all the kids. My programming kicked in as I started singing some random-ass song about different kinds of colours, or some crap like that. I just hid in my little corner of my mind, studying all the kids' faces. That was all that I did now-a-days.

I was looking at the little girl with the brown hair and big, blue eyes that was always sitting in the front, nearest to the stage since we first opened - whose name I couldn't remember - when movement from the entrance of the pizzeria caught my eye.

Standing there were eight kids in the doorway, looking about sixteen-ish, save for two of them, which looked to be about seven or eight. I would have guessed that they were just a bunch of teenagers bringing their siblings to a new children's pizzeria if it weren't for one thing.

They were so familiar.

I couldn't place it no matter how hard I tried, but something about them was setting off alarms in my head.

I watched as the group walked towards one of the employees, taking a seat at one of the huge tables, just big enough to fit all of them. There was one girl that rang no bells, the one with red hair, but I was still cautious about her. This entire group screamed DANGEROUS to me, and I was taking no chances. I kept an eye on them as I performed for the screaming children, watching the kids at their table curiously.

The two seemed to be twins, and I watched as the one in blue slipped a spoon into his shirt pocket. I was about to make a mental note to scold him later, but the girl with the red the red hair glared at him, and he grudgingly put it back.

Only one thought was going through my 'brain'.

Who the hell are these people?

~Closing Time~

The group of teens had left after having a few slices of pizza and eyeing up Bonnie, Chica and I.

I watched as the last of the employees left, leaving us alone for the night. I hopped off the stage, changing, before cracking my neck and stretching.

"Jesus Christ, those kids are fucking insane," I said, plopping down in one of the booths.

"You can say that again," Chica muttered, pulling pizza cheese out of her hair. "I mean, they're sweet and all, but do they really have to throw stuff at us? I mean, we entertain them, give them food, and we're as nice as can be!"

Bonnie snorted. "Such is the way of demon children."

Chica scoffed, hitting his arm playfully. "They are not demons!"

"They threw pizza at you!"

Chica paused, thinking, sagging her shoulders in defeat before a light kindled in her eyes. "But there's that one girl! Oh, what's her name? She always sits in the front, nearest to the stage!"

"Jordan," I said, leaning back and closing my eyes. I thought back to the little girl with the big blue eyes, smiling slightly.

"That's it!" Chica bounced up and down slightly, a small smile on her face. "Such a nice girl. She even stopped some of the other kids from throwing stuff at us."

A voice spoke from behind me. "Aye, the li'le lass tha' always cowers in the corner?"

I jumped out of the seat, turning to the red headed pirate. "God dammit, Foxy! You scared the living shit out of me!"