Penelope and Callisto's Meeting

In another vacant room, Penelope and Emily were listening to the whole conversation through a vent. Emily teased her whenever Callisto said something sweet about her, and they both became anxious when the Duke made threats on the Imperial Family. However, they were both very relieved that Callisto let it go and no harm was done.

After it ended, Penelope couldn't stop the slight blush that crept up her neck and onto her cheeks when she recalled the prince's romantic words. Does Callisto truly feel that way about me?

She had always dreamed of having someone love her so unconditionally. It was what got her through the difficult times in Korea; whenever she felt depressed and miserable, she would distract herself by imagining many romantic scenarios to lift up her spirits. They never failed to make her smile.

She shook her head in an effort to be rid of these unrealistic thoughts. Get a hold of yourself. This isn't some stupid fairy tale! He's a love interest, of course he'd act like that. Don't think for a second he truly feels that way. That's just what the game wants you to think.

While Penny was busy in her thoughts, Emily snapped her out of them by grabbing her wrist. "My Lady, we have to prepare you for the prince's visit now! He'll be expecting you at the greenhouse right away."

The two practically sprinted all the way from one side of the estate to the next in a few minutes flat. Penelope was sure their time would put many Olympic track stars in Korea to shame. Once they arrived at her room, Emily helped her get ready very quickly. All Penelope remembered was a blur of fabric flying around; She had never changed dresses so fast before!

Afterward, she quickly walked to the greenhouse. She stopped right outside to catch her breath, then used a moment to silently pray. I hope this visit goes well.

Once she was done, Penelope walked in. Inside the luscious and verdant greenhouse, the Crown Prince was sitting at a glass table by himself. The sunlight hit his face in the most striking way, highlighting his high cheekbones and perfect jawline. He was leaning his elbows on the table with a bored expression, but when he saw her, he immediately straightened up and gave her his signature grin.

As much as she wanted to, she couldn't deny the way his smile made her melt inside. It was like a ray of sunshine beaming right at her. Not that she would ever tell him that, of course.

"Geetings, Your Highness, Honorable Crown Prince of the Empre. Eternal glory to the Eorka Empire," she politely said as she courtsied.

Callisto waved her off and immediately rose up to pull out her chair. "You needn't be so formal with me. After all, we'll soon be husband and wife. Please sit and act comfortably."

"Of course, Your Highness." She flashed him her picture-perfect smile and did as he asked while he pushed her in like a perfect gentleman.

When he returned to his own seat, he rested his chin on his hand while gazing at her fondly. It made her heart melt.

"How are you doing today, Your Highness?" She asked as small talk.

"Very well. I pray the same is true for you." He cleared his throat. "Just so you're aware, I spoke with your father regarding our engagement. He gave us his blessing to marry."

She gave him a wide smile. "That is wonderful news! What does the emperor say?"

"The emperor... needs a little more convincing," Callisto hesitantly admitted as he glanced to the side. He then refocused his gaze on her and reached for her hand. "But don't worry, my love. I will make sure he agrees. I'll do whatever it takes."