sick

Being sick is something you hate. More than scary movies. So, when you came down with the flu two days ago, you wished that you could just die. As you lay in bed, Lucifer playing on the TV, the door to the room you share with Sadie opens. "All right, I got you some vanilla ice cream." She smiles making you smile.

"You didn't have to make me anything, baby." You say making her shake her head.

"Of course, I did. My baby is sick so I wanna make her feel better." Sadie says as she hands you the bowl and sits next to you on the bed.

"I hate being sick." You say making her chuckle.

"I know, honey. But, hey, you're not going to be sick forever. I promise." Sadie smiles making you nod your head. "Now, eat your ice cream and then take your pills."

"I don't wanna take my pills." You whine making Sadie raise her eyebrows.

"You just told me that you hate being sick." Sadie says making you nod. "So, you gotta take your pills."

"But they taste gross!" You whine.

"I'm not going to tell you again." Sadie says sternly making you roll your eyes. You take the pills and continue to eat your ice cream until you finish it. Then, you put the bowl on your nightstand and rest your head on Sadie's shoulder.

"Go to sleep, baby." She whispers. Then, you doze off.