Xx 5 xX

I woke to the sound of birds chirping. I smiled stretching and looking at a sleeping Shawn next to me. His grip was tight around my waist, getting tighter whenever I moved. I moved my arms around his neck, he grunted and pulled me closer. I placed my head on his chest, feeling his heartbeat. He moved his hand under my shirt and up my back. His soft hands trailed in circles around my back. "I guess you're awake" I whispered. He opened his eyes and looked into mine. "Yep, we can go back to sleep if you want" he smirked. I shook my head "nah". He grabbed my hand and intertwined our fingers. Shawn looked in my eyes and trailed them down to my lips. He licked his lips before looking back in my eyes. He pulled a strand of hair from my face around my ear, before licking his lips again. He leaned in closer looking at my lips. His hot breath hit my face causing shivers up my spine. His lips brushed against mine. I turned my head not accepting his kiss. He looked a little disappointed. I threw the blanket from my body and stood up. "I should go my mum probably wants me home now" I mumbled as I climbed down the ladder. I walked along the path and checked my phone. It was 10:23. I walked down the path, I turned a corner which stood a field of daisies. I smiled and ran right through them, I took a few photos and flopped to the ground surrounded by beautiful wonders on nature. My phone buzzed warning me I had a text message, it was from Shawn.

Shawn: Hey, sorry for making things awkward but I was wondering if you would like to go and get some ice cream at 12:30??
Me: Sure be there soon!

I looked at my phone to check the time 12:00. Crap. I got up and looking for the dirt path and ran down the street to my house. Walking up the stone pathway I weaved my fingers through the lavender bushes that lead to my front door. "Mum I'm home" I yelled as I ran up stairs. There was no answer so I guessed she was at work. I sat on my bed, pulling my phone out and texting mum that I was home. I pulled out some black jeans and a grey crop top that said 'nerd' on it. I had a quick shower and put on my makeup. I curled my hair and pulled it to the side. Grabbing my phone and putting on white converse I headed out the door. I walked down the pavement, heading to a small park that was quite empty. I sat on a broken park bench, pulling out my phone and opening up Instagram. I scrolled through the hundreds of photos before I felt a tap on my shoulder. I turned around revealing a tall brown haired figure in a flannel and black skinny jeans. "Hi" I smiled as I stood up. "Hey" replied Shawn. He didn't look very excited to see me, it was probably because I rejected his kiss this morning. I would've kissed him but it didn't feel right, it felt completely different to the kisses I used to get from him. "Are you coming" he asked as he began to walk. "Ahh yeah" I said as I quickly trailed behind him. We walked along the path in awkward silence. "Hey I'm sorry for trying to kiss you" mumbled Shawn as he turned to look at me. I nodded my head not wanting to talk about it. Shawn grabbed my hand and pulled me towards a large tree with a blanket under it. He sat on it patting the spot next to him. I sat down next to him. Shawn looked at me, staring into my eyes. I stared back, admiring his facial features. Shawn placed his hand on my waist, licking his lips greedily. He leaned in and so did I. Our lips were only centimetres apart. His warm minty breath glided across my lips. I parted my lips and Shawn began to kiss me. Instead of pulling away I joined in. This time it felt right, but still nothing like the feelings I used to have for him. I placed my hands around his neck. Shawn smiled through the kiss and moved his hands up my waist. He soon pulled away smiling. "That meant nothing" I said trying to keep a straight face. He smirked and winked at me "Sure". I glared at him, shaking my head. A cold breeze blew past, trees swaying to the left and a loud whistle could be heard. I shivered and chattered my teeth trying to seek warmth. Shawn pulled me closer to him, wrapping his arms around my body. I put my head on his chest and smiled. It felt like no one was going to hurt me, ever. I felt safe and comfortable. Shawn stroked my hair and kissed my head. He began to sing.

I love it when you just don't care
I love it when you dance like there's nobody there
But when it gets hard don't be afraid
We don't care what them people say
I love it when you don't take no
I love it when you do what you want cuz you just said so
Let them all go home we out late
We don't care what them people say

I never got to hear the rest as I fell asleep to his beautiful voice. I woke to see Shawn sleeping, I was on top of him. The sky was dark and the only source of light was the street lights on the road. I shook Shawn until he awoke. "Shawn we need to get home, now" I whispered. "Ok" he mumbled as he rubbed his eyes. He sat up and stretched his arms. I stood up and so did he. We headed to our houses. We walked up the pathway to my home. "Seeya" Shawn muttered rubbing the back of his head. "Bye" I smiled and kissed him on the cheek. His face went bright red and a smile began to escape his mouth. I opened my door and watched him walk off.