21

"We need to talk. Now."

"Before you continue," I muttered with a faint smile. "I hope you know we can't break up — we're twins. So-."

"This is serious." My heart stopped momentarily at their tone — a tone they rarely took outside of the battlefield.

"Jeez, okay... Go on."

"Do you remember Costin?"

"Our little brother? Of course."

"He's... Not our brother."

"...I'm gonna need you to-."

"He's my son." Silence fell over us as their gaze dropped to the floor. "It's a long story."

"I have time," I frowned, watching them shift from foot to foot. "Let's head to the dining hall. Sit down and talk about it."

Isa nodded and we began our walk to the dining hall. It wasn't far, but the heavy tension in the air made it feel like an eternity before we settled into our seats. Isa began bouncing their leg the moment they sat down — a habit of theirs usually reserved for meetings with the Olympians. Namely; Zeus. 'If they're this nervous about it... I should try to control my reactions a bit. I don't need them to lose control of their powers.'

"So... That time we got separated in war... That's when I found him. He was in Tartarus — I still don't know how he got there — but when I returned with him, he fell deathly ill. The fates said the only way to save him was a spell — a spell to turn him into a demigod. Into my son," A shaky sigh fell from their lips before they continued. "It's been a year since that happened... I wanted to tell you the truth before-."

"AUNTIE!" A smile spread across my face as the sound of tiny feet running toward me reached my ears.

"Before he gets here," Isa chuckled while I lifted Costin into my lap. "Mother and father told him the truth a bit ago. He doesn't feel like the rest of us do — not yet, at least — but at least he knows the truth about who he actually is."

"Why keep this hidden from me?"

"...Honestly? With the war ending and you wanting to leave, I guess I just didn't want to add a reason for you to stay. Following your heart is something you've always done, if I had told you the truth before you left, would you have stayed? To spend more time with your nephew?"

'They have a point,' I frowned internally while glancing at Costin who was happily playing with a doll. "I hate when you use that brain of yours."

"I don't use it often."

We laughed as our mother and Donna entered the dining hall, gaining our attention. Before Donna had the opportunity to hide her face from Costin, however, he turned his head and spotted her. She froze — waves of fear and anxiety rolling off of her until he sent her a wide smile.

"Auntie! Pretty lady!" He beamed while pointing at Donna.

"Indeed," I hummed and pressed a kiss on the top of his head. "Wanna know a secret?"

"Mhm!"

"She's my girlfriend," I whispered, grinning at his happy gasp. "She also makes dolls, so if you want one..."

"I'd gladly make one for you," Donna whispered as she took her seat next to me. "You're a sweet boy."