Looking For Warmth

Story Requested by TheRetroRaptor

It was a cold and snowy December night, a few days before Christmas Eve. A man named Timothy was walking along the snow covered sidewalk of the New York streets. Walking on the sidewalk was a very normal thing for people to do, but it was difficult for Tim for one major reason. You see, Tim is small… really small. An accident at S.T.A.R. Labs had caused Timothy to shrink down to 2 inches in height. Now he was stuck out in the cold, freezing his butt off, and needed to find a warm place to spend the night.

All the windows Timothy walked past were all dark, indicating there was little warmth in there. He kept walking until he found his holy grail, a window on the second story of a multi story building with light.

Timothy: That's it! That's the place I'm looking for!

Tim began climbing up the building's side, which was a gruesome task at his current size. He persevered, however, knowing the reward would make it all worth it.

After what felt like forever, Tim got up to the window and managed to nudge it open far enough that he could crawl inside. Once he slipped through, he stood up and took a much needed breather.

Timothy: Man that was rough. Definitely would suck if this isn't the place.

One look around the room proved his efforts were not in vain (yet). The room he had entered was mid-sized and spacious with only a few pieces of furniture. This included a padded chair that looked extremely comfy with a small one legged table at its side. On this table was a plate of freshly baked chocolate chip cookies and a mug of hot chocolate. Farther to the left was a bright glowing Christmas tree drenched in pretty ornaments.

Timothy: Whoever lives here must really be in the Holiday spirit.

Timothy looked over to the right side of the room to see an intensely burning fireplace, which immediately grabbed his attention. He climbed down from the window and ran over to the fireplace. Reaching out his arms, Tim felt recharged by the heat as it flowed into his body.

Timothy: Oh sweet relief!

Timothy was so numb from the heat that he forgot about the open window, which was letting cold air blow into the room. This attracted the attention of the home's owner.

Timothy felt the ground beneath him begin to shake, which alarmed him.

Timothy: Oh crap!

Panicking, he looked frantically for a hiding place. He hid behind the small table, concealing himself as best he could. Timothy then peaked around to see who it was coming down the hall. The thuds got louder and louder until the owner walked into the room.

Timothy couldn't believe his luck, he had entered the home of the terrifying, bone chilling supervillain known simply as… Killer Frost.

Timothy: So much for finding warmth.