Divided

Posted December 2, 2022
____________________________________

I stare at the envelope and think. Should I really go to this party? I don't even talk to Sunny anymore? Why would he want me there?

"It is I-.. What's up..?" The Maverick asked, "No amazing entrance today, The Maverick?"

He smiles, "You look like you need advice soo... Mikhael is here." I laugh a little, "Thanks. Y'know Sunny?"

"Yeah, the one whose sister-"

"Yep."

"Okay, then yeah."

"Hero, Kel's older brother, is throwing Sunny a going away party since he's moving. I don't know if I should go or not.."

"Why wouldn't you go?" He asked.

"Kel doesn't even want me there. He even seemed annoyed coming all the way to Kim's house."

Mikhael laughs, "I can't tell if this is a love story between you and Kel or you and Sunny."

I glare at him. "Neither."

"As I was saying, Kim and the gang would be weirded out if I did go.. I don't know. I'm divided.

"Well, I think you should go. But it's your choice. Let's think pros and cons of going to the party."

I nod.

He smiles, "The pros would be seeing your friends, having fun, and communicating with your old friends. Cons being Kim and the others think you're weird and make fun of you." I sigh.

"Now pros of not going, Kim and the others don't make fun of you or judge you, they stay your friends, and you have the rest of the afternoon to yourself. Cons are not seeing Sunny before he moves, old friends possibly judge you, and probably hate you."

I look down, "I don't know, I feel bad not going. And I do miss Sunny."

He smiles and stands up, "Then go. I've gotta head to the bakery, I'll see you later okay..?"

I nod as Mikhael walks off. I don't think I've ever seen him be so sincere. It's weird.

I sigh and stand up, I open the invitation and read: "TO ABREY! U R INVITED TO SUNNYS GOING A WAY PARTY! PLZ COME. ADRESS? SUNNYS HOUSE. TIME? 5PM TO WHENEVER U WANT TO LEAVE (SLEEPOVER BTW) TY U FOR COMING"

I laugh at the note, Kel must have written it, he was never good with grammar. I suppose I should go to Othermart and get Sunny a gift.

I make my way there and then pause. I have no idea what Sunny likes. I try to think, Sunny never really mentioned anything he likes, maybe I can get him food. I walk around a bit before stopping in front of matching stuffed animals. Black and White on one side and flip it inside out and it's purple and light blue on the other side. I grab two and start walking to the front.

"AUBREY!" Suddenly I feel someone's arms wrap around me from behind. I turn around and see Kim.

"Hey, Kim." She smiles, "What's up with the stuff animals?" I look away. "Volunteering at the church, orphans."

She stares at me for a moment before laughing awkwardly. "Well uh, I'm gonna go, cya!" "Bye.." I sigh before looking at a shelf.

'CHOCOLATE FLAVORED CUPCAKE MIX! COMES WITH DIY FROSTING AND SPRINKLES TO MIX IN THE CUPCAKES!'

I stare at the boxes for a moment, then look down at the stuffed animals. I'd be embarrassed to give the stuffed animals to Sunny in front of everyone. Perhaps I can get him two things. I'll give him the cupcake mix in front of everyone and stuff animals to him in private.

I run to register and check out before running to Sunny's house.