Chapter 3: Reunion

She got up. "This is Ticky, my cat. He's been here with me for 3 years." She smiled. "W..Well...Whys it called Ticky?" He questioned. Her eyes beamed, like no one ever asked her that question. "Well, She's called Ticky because the clock on that wall..." She pointed. "She walks to the ticks of that clock." She added. He nodded, gripping every word she says, quickly forgetting them. "Are you OK, detective?" She asked, wondering why he's staring. "Yeah..It's just a little weird how you're still alive...You've been dead for 6 years...How?" He answered. She frowned, Turning back to Ticky, carefully, delicately stroking her fur as Ticky purrs calmly. "Sorry. I'll..I'll go. But..I have to tell my colleagues about this. They'll have to come see yo-" He paused, noticing that her head flicked over to him. Staring soullessly at his eyes. "...They are not to see me, put me back in the fridge but do not let me see anyone! Please!" She begged, tearing up. He sighed. "I'm sorry. If i don't do this, i'll get fired. And you won't find out who killed you." He hesitantly replied, slowly walking backwards. "They won't see me. They won't. I don't care who killed me, I don't care how i died, They WONT SEE ME!" She screamed, grabbing the broken glass bottle on the bedside table. "Put...Put that down, Emily. There's no need to hurt me." He whimpered. She placed the bottle horizontally on her arms. "I will just die again, then you will have no proof i'm alive!" She yelled, Slitting her wrist deeply. "Emily!" He ran towards her, squeezing the scar. She had no reaction to the pain, No blood came out. "I'm not bleeding because they took out my blood with embalming fluid. They drained me. But i'm still here." She whispered.