Prologue: Where it all Began (Part 2)- Backstory's Recapitulation

(Flashback)

[Aincrad], Nov. 7, 2024

Aincrad: Collinia (Floor 75)- Labyrinth (Boss Room)

Third Person POV

The scene cut in Aincrad's 75 Floor Boss Room, revealing numerous gamers from their respective guilds laid on the floor. Many gamers are paralyzed on their own spots, except the three individuals whose still have their mobility.

Two young gamers standing side by side are, Kirito and Omega. The opposite of their side, reveals a grown man in red armour with white cape and carrying a shield with a sword attaching to it.

 The opposite of their side, reveals a grown man in red armour with white cape and carrying a shield with a sword attaching to it

That man is the leader and founder of Knights of the Blood Oath, Heathcliff. However his true identity ultimately reveal as the developer and the mastermind of Sword Art Online, Akihiko Kayaba. (A/N: Just to clarify his first name is actually Akihiko, in Japan people always introduce their surname first whenever they using their full name to others.)

Before the aftermath occurred, every high-level gamers came to fight in the boss room willingly to advance to the next floor. The boss is none other the monster, Skull Reaper. The one boss gave the troubles to Kirito and the others and claimed six lives, though the boss was finally defeated and the team merged their short lived victory. The identity of Heathcliff was exposed by Omega and Kirito, found out that the leader of KoB didn't suffered major damage from the fight.

Heathcliff admittedly reveal himself as Akihiko Kayaba to the public, genuinely impressed to both Kirito and Omega exposing his identity before revealing himself at the 90th Floor as the final boss of the game. Heathcliff paralyzed everyone except Kirito and Omega without interruption and giving them the one opportunity that they never deny: Defeat Heathcliff in the death dual, then they earn their freedom.

Omega accept his terms without any shed of hesitation, while staring at him with hateful glare. Two years being trapped in the virtual world, two years of fighting, two years of long suffering and two years for carrying the heavy burden, where there is no peace he sought for himself; not wanting this window of opportunity to go to waste, he MUST fight. However Omega is slightly fatigued due from the boss fight and the usage of the active skill- Rage of Sparta, but he is willingly to fight his adversary so everyone will return their normal lives peacefully.

Omega looks back at Kirito who is standing behind him silently. He hoped that Kirito would stay back and let him fight Heathcliff alone, not wanting to see his close friend being killed and seeing Asuna lose her boyfriend.

Kirito: "If you don't mind I have one request."

Both Omega and Heathcliff are look at Kirito, wondering what's the request he suddenly bringing up.

Heathcliff: "What is it?"

Kirito: "We don't plan to go down easily."

Kirito: *dull* "But if I die here.... For a while at least. I want you to make sure that Asuna can't kill herself. I'm also counting on you, Omega."