Ch 651: More Than Could Chew

The moment Lily felt the floor below slightly shaking, her mind immediately went to Gege. So she moved.

No. She ran.

Even her guards did not have time to react when she burst out of her room and rushed to the stairs.

The elevator might take too long or maybe just not be working with how the building was shaking now. So, she took the stairs.

The sound of her feet echoed loudly in the stairways. With how her room was literally on the top floor of the building, Lily really pushed herself to the fullest.

But she did not care if her lungs felt like they were aflame.

She did not care when her feet begged her to slow down.

Gege...

Her Gege was in danger.

So with that, Lily only needed a few minutes to get to the fifteenth floor of the building, where the bathroom should be.

The moment her feet were out of the stairway and on the floor, the first thing that she heard was not something she liked.

Gunshots.

The noises all came from one place.

The bathroom.

The place where Gege would be now.

Lily forced her now aching legs to run. She pushed the door and screamed out into the bathroom.

"Gege! What was going on?! I heard a gunshot—!"

Lily was not able to finish her sentence as she was Lin Ye rushing toward her.

What happened after that was a flash.

And then a boom.

If people thought the building was shaking just a few minutes ago, now they felt it just did a backflip.

The sound of footsteps could be heard getting closer to where all of this happened.

"Doctor! Are you okay?!"

"You Highnesses!"

Lily's guards and Lin Ye's operators, both groups rushed to the scene.

When they all went to the scene, what they saw was the furthest thing that they expected.

The once bathroom that had marble all around for decoration, was now like a place that had a war in it. Some of the floor pieces were gone and there was even a hole in the floor. The mist that used to fill the room was now gone and what was left was smoke.

And not far from them, two figures could be seen.

A man holding a girl close to his chest while her eyes were closed.

Lily slowly opened her eyes and the first thing that she saw was her brother looking at her.

"You, okay?" He asked.

Although he had a reassuring smile on his face, she knew just by looking at his eyes he was worried.

Not wanting to make him even more worried, Lily hurriedly nodded. This got the reaction that she wanted to see in him, his eyes softened, and a soft sigh escaped his mouth.

Lily looked around and noticed the reason why there was not a starch on her was not only Gege's body covering her. Behind him was a thick wall of black ice. That was not even all. There was also a black barrier on every side around them. Seeing that it had holes in it, the barrier seemed to absorb most of the explosion.