Ch 661: Ember

A lover.

The thing that the princess just muttered floated in the room for a while in silence. It was like the people in it were trying to understand what Lily just said.

At first, her suggestion sounded outlandish.

Lin Ye wanted a lover?

The vast majority would think that what she said was wrong. The Doctor never saw interest in having a partner throughout working on the Landship.

"Let me get this straight," Blaze stared at the princess, confusion painted all over her face, "The demon that we're dealing with is trying to get to him to fall in love with someone in his dream?"

Adnachiel hummed at what she was saying.

"That... is not impossible," The sniper admitted, "Abomination can see what a person wants most in their life."

"But this is Ye we're talking about," Warfarin rebutted, "He never really was a person that wanted to have a lover."

"... He hid it."

Everyone's eyes landed back on the princess, her hands still holding onto his tightly. Her eyes never leave his unmoving figure.

"What do you mean?" Kal'tsit asked.

Lowering her head, Lily sighed.

"When we were young, Gege never thought about himself. He never asked for things. He never complained. But..." Her hands tightened, "When it is related to me, he's different. If I get hurt he would treat me and find whoever did it. If I was sad, he would not be far from me and trying his best to make me better."

She looked back at Lin Ye's face, it was like he was having a pleasant dream.

A dream that he might never wake up.

Just thinking about that made Lily's lips quiver but she stopped it by biting on it.

"Gege... always puts people's needs before his," Lily whispered, "Maybe... a lover was something that Gege really wanted to have in his life but he never had a chance to even think about it being possible."

When they dug deeper, maybe her suggestion had some ground to stand on.

Maybe the reason why Lin Ye never showed interest in getting one was that he never had a chance to think about it.

Wherever he goes, misfortune will always not be far from him. Lin Ye will always deal with something that he shouldn't have.

A seaborn.

A nation's problem.

A god.

And multiple instances of terrorist attacks.

It was like the world was just throwing trouble at him for shits and giggles.

No wonder Lin Ye never showed interest.

He did not even get a chance to consider his chances of having one.

"Maybe that's it," After thinking about this, Warfarin finally realised how right the princess was and smiled at her, "As expected of the doting sister of his. You know him better than anyone."

Warfarin showed a thumb up at her.

"..."

Sadly, Lily did not share the same energy at the moment, busy looking at Gege instead.

Nothing will make her look—!

"Is he a virgin?" Such a question easily caught the attention of everyone, eyes wide at the one that asked it.