She's Right There

"Melissa! Are you okay!?" I yell across the room over to Melissa. "Rachel! Help me!" Why is it that Melissa is the one who always gets hurt? Why not me. I run over to Melissa, who is crying in pain. With her arm sliced open, and her black and blue ankle. "H-he-help meee!" She cries out. "I'm coming!" I shout over to her. "Stay back." Doctor grumpy interrupts. "No! I need to get to Melissa! Now! Please move!" I say. "I'm afraid I can't Miss. Rachel." He says. "You have to leave her there. Doctors will come and get her. You may not intercept young lady." He looks down at me when he says this.

"I-I need to see Melissa! I need to help her!" I say loudly to the doctor. "No." He says like he's the president. "Please?" I say like in going to cry. "Miss. Rachel... You can come into the room like you had before. Bit nothing more than that, understand?" He says. "Completely, sir." I say respectfully. "Yes sir." I repeat.

I fallow Melissa's NEW gurney into the elevator. Doctor grumpy looks at me like he was looking at the assistant doctor, a waiting look... I push the button to the floor we are heading to, 6. Ding, the button says when we reach floor 6. We start rolling out of the elevator, when I hear a little cry. I couldn't find out where it was coming from, it wasn't Melissa..

Who was it? I look to my left, nothing. Then I look to my right, I see a little girl crying in the corner in the waiting room. "Oh my gosh!?" I say. The doctors hear me, and stop walking Melissa to her room. I walk slowly over to the little girl in the corner, crying. "Are you okay?" I ask softly. She pours into my arms, crying very loudly. "What's wrong?" I ask. "It-it's my mommy.." She says. "What happened to your mommy?" I ask. She got cut. She says now crying hysterically. "Who's your mommy?" I ask. "She's right there." She says looking at Melissa.