1

SERI

Seoul, 8:06 AM, her in the midst of traffic.

"Oh, come on!" I yelled, punching the upper part of the steering wheel. I hadn't made it past the red light and it was well past 8 and I was supposed to be at my office by 8:30.

Shit, Yoon Seri you are absolutely dead, I thought, glancing at the clock on the center console. With my chin on my palm as I waited anxiously.

BANG!

I flinched when I heard a loud bang from the rear part of my car. When I turned to check what caused it, there was a car that was absolutely way too close to my car.

I instantly got out, frowning as I knocked on the window of the car that had just bumped into me. "Excuse me?" I had gotten no response so I continued knocking. A few seconds later, I saw that the traffic lights had turned green but I just couldn't leave like that without talking to this car's drive can't I?

It took me almost 3 minutes to get the driver to lower his window and talk to me. Thankfully, we were on the side of the road and weren't disrupting the flow of cars.

"Can you move your car, Miss?" The driver - a guy wearing glasses and was in a suit said nonchalantly, though it was more of a request.

Hello? Was that all he really had to say? He's already making me late and can't even admit his fault? The audacity!

"Umm, hello?" I waved my hand in the air. "Can't you see that your car just bumped into me? Are you just going to disregard that?"

"Miss, I am in a rush s-"

"Well, so am I!" I cut him off. "If you were in a rush then you should've rolled your window down way earlier then we could've settled this already." I quickly huffed out my annoyance.

"Miss, calm down."

Calm down!? How am I going to calm down when I have an important meeting that I am about to miss.

I continued to frown and cross my arms above my chest when the guy took his sunglasses off.

Why was he so familiar?

"Since were both in a rush, why don't I just give you my number and you can message me the cost of repair? Would that work?" He proposed. When I nodded, he took out a piece of paper, wrote his number down and handed it to me. "I hope that satisfies you now. So please, move your car out of the way."

Excuse me!? The audacity of him to say as if he wasn't the one that crashed into my car. I didn't argue anymore and instead thanked him and left.

I checked my watch and saw that it was 8:23. I quickly got into my car and left. I still had 7 minutes.

✉✉✉

Seoul, 8:41, at her company's HQ.

"Daepyonim!" My manager, Park Soo-Jin yelled, the moment she saw me. "Chairman Yoon has been waiting in your for the past 10 minutes and according to his secretary he has started to get annoyed."

I raised my hand in the air, signaling for her to stop while my other hand dramatically clutched my chest. "Wait... a minute, just let me recover I'll head straight in. Also, can you get me a towel?" She nodded and quickly ran into my office.

I was still panting, my face red and dripping with sweat. I had just faced a flight of stairs since the elevators had decided to take a day off and broke down.

Soo-Jin quickly returned and helped me fix myself before stepping into my office.

As soon as I stepped in, I was greeted with my father sitting on the sofa with an unamused face and his secretary sitting beside him with a fair amount of distance.