Secrets

There she was, Alison, she was one of Caroline's best friends. That was the popular group, the ones who always hang together. 

I never though I would be her friend, but slowly, I became closer and closer with her. 

My relationship with Alison went great, we slowly became best friends. But, not enough to tell her about Chris YET.

*2 Months Later* 

"Hey Jess, I think I like someone..." Alison said in an unsteady voice. "WHAT?! WHO?" I almost screamed in her face in shock. "I like Chris." 

I was shocked. I liked Chris since like FOREVER! But, whatever I did, I couldn't tell her. All I could do was smile.... It was hard. For the next few days, she kept talking about him, all I could've done was listen. 

She had one more class with him than I did. I had PE with Alison and Chris, while Alison has Spanish with Chris.

Chris's best friend was Jake, he is gay, he and I use to be classmates and friends last year, and I guess we still are? I would usually talk to Jake on Facebook, and usually go on skype and talk to him. We actually talked about the secrets we had, we trusted each other. I told him I liked somebody named Luke, which was basically a "fake" name for Chris. I figured that if I told Jake who I liked, he would tell Chris since they were best friends!

Heres the thing, Chris was every girls dream. Nobody knows who he liked, he was single. Jake was the only person who knew. Jake trusted me enough to tell me who he liked, turns out, every once in a while, Chris would switch it up. He is a player.

Jake said, during the first month of school, Chris liked the most popular girl in school, Alexis. Then, afterwards, Chris liked one of my close friends, Jenna.

Jake continued, "Now, he likes you." I tried processing that through my mind, I was afraid he was lying and I was getting played. 

"Are you lying?" I asked, hoping that he wasn't. "I'm not, im serious. " Jake said. "I promise, its true"

Another thought went through my mind. Chris likes me, so what? It's not like he was going to stay like that forever since he woiuld start liking someone else again. I tried to hold my excitement in. Then, I thought again, Alison was popular, everyone knew who she likes, Chris. I had no one to share this information with, if I did, I would be betraying Ali. I just had to keep it all to myself.

From then on, when Alison talked about Chris, all I could do was smile and go along with it.