The Royal Marriage ❀

"それで?皇太子妃についての情報は得られましたか?"

(So? Did you get information about the Crown Princess?)

Asked the man, lowering his cup for the maid to pour more liquor. The other man with his hood on was standing in the corner of the dark room.
He smirked and answered:

"はい、ご主人様!彼女はジョン貴族の家に属しています。彼女は一番下で、とてもやんちゃです。彼女の名前はメイインです、ご主人様."

(Yes, My Lord! She belongs to the Jung noble family. She's the youngest and quite the troublemaker. Her name is Mae-In, My Lord.)

"Mae-In... Mae-In..." the man sipped his wine and sneered. He then turned to the man with the hood.

"皇太子は彼女と仲がいいのですか?彼らの結婚式はいつですか?"

(Is the Crown Prince close to her? When is their marriage?)

"私は皇太子と彼女を一緒に見たことがありません、ご主人様。そして、彼らの結婚式は今日です."

(I haven't seen the Crown Prince with her, My Lord. And their marriage is today.)

The other man's dark eyes lit up.

"今日ですか?!すばらしい仕事をしてくれましたね、ヨコさん!もう行っていいですよ..."

(Today?! Incredible work Yoko! You can go now...)

Mister Yoko nodded and left.

They had been talking in a foreign language. After Mister Yoko left, the man switched to his mother tongue.

"You! Leave and bring me another bottle," he smashed the cup on the maid.

The maid with a bleeding forehead bowed and left the room.

***

Mae-In

Mae-In looked around the great courtyard, scanning it somewhat anxiously. She had her fingers locked together, all sweaty and shaking.

The great courtyard was decorated with curtains and flowers and various decorations and was swarmed with peopleㅡ ministers and officials, guests, eunuchs and court ladies.

Others were the Royal family, who were sitting on elaborate chairs and cushions. The Royal family included her too. Her wedding and coronation just took place in this enormous courtyard and now, she was a part of the Royal family. She was officially the Crown Princess or the next Queen of Joseon.

Mae-In still couldn't believe that she married Crown Prince Da-Yeong, she still couldn't believe that she was sitting beside him as his bride. Once again, for the umpteenth time today, she recalled how she had happened to meet the Crown Prince and the King one month ago, disguised as a Palace guard and a General and had mistakenly impressed the King with her courage. Now, she was sitting there, sighing in disbelief.

The maids woke her up very early and started preparing her for her marriage and to Tae-Sak and Court Lady Jin-Hee's great satisfaction, she made no efforts to run away from the Detached Palace or desert her marriage. She sat silently while they cleaned her, combed her hair, knotted it and applied make-up on her face. They made her wear a heavy headdress, the daesu meori which made her head tilt and slouch. She was also made to wear the elaborate jeokui, made of layers and layers of silk. She was ornamented with a lot of gold and it made her uncomfortable, though she made no complaints. She also held the ceremonial paeok.