saving mother...

3rd pov

It's been about 3 years now since that day in which you arrived in the world remnant. It was awkward at first especially with your act as an old chivalrous warrior, but adventually you dropped the act under the pretense of learning to talk normally. though still keeping a little bit of the confused old man vibe.

During the three years here you made significant progress stat wise. For the last three years you spent most of your day running all over patch killing every single grimm you encountered. The process was made easier when some grimm started to drop items called ' manifestation of sin' they were essentially a free kill, like the soul items in dark souls. Currently you had reached 55 Vitality, allowing you to medium role without your shield, you also had met the 40 strength to actually use the dragon slayer greataxe. Currently you were working on both vigor and endurance both at 30, trying to reach their caps.

Summer: Y/N! Can you come here please?

Y/n: coming ms. Rose!

Today was a break from the regular grind, their were chores that needed to be done today and you were more then happy to help.

Summer: can you feed ruby for a sec, I have to take this call.

Taking ruby from Summer, ruby was immediately ecstatic to be in your arms. Over the last three years you and ruby have learned to communicate outside of normal speech, leaving you too be the only one she fully understands. As far as ruby was concerned, you were her best freind and guardian, she would have you do all sorts of things when she could muster enough aura to send you a request. Anything from a ride on your shoulders too reaching the top shelf for the cookie Jar, and more often then not, you couldn't muster the will too deny the adorable toddler.

Summer picked up her scroll to see who was calling, behind her you could be seen trying to get ruby to eat a bowl of cheerios as she was pointing at the cookie jar on the refrigerator.

Summer: hey ozpin, what's up?

Ozpin: Summer, I know it's your day off but this is an emergency, one of HER pawns has been spotted in the area near mnt Glenn, qrow is on recon and Tai isn't picking my calls today, You're my best option.

Summer: yeah, sorry Tai is in the hospital visiting his mother. I can go I guess, Y/n can watch the girls for awhile.

Behind Summer, y/n could be seen staring at her in deep thought before turning back to ruby.

Y/n: little rose, I'm sorry but I must leave you alone today with your sister...

Ruby: what!? Why!?

Y/n: your mother is going on a mission, she dose not know it, but she may get hurt. I will be following her to protect her.

Ruby: o-oh okay, please make sure mama is safe!

Y/n: of course my friend.

Y/n gently rubs ruby's head before offering her a cookie.

Summer: hey y/n, I'm heading out on a mission, watch the girls.

Y/n simply nodded his head before summer left for her mission.

Y/n: yang, please come to the kitchen!

Running down the stairs yang came into the kitchen. Yang was about 5 turning 6, she was a scrappy young girl with twin pigtails.

Yang: what's up big bro?

Y/n: I need to leave the house for a little while, please watch ruby until Tai or I return, alright?

Yang: sure thing big bro!