Chapter Four

I'm going to miss sitting in my living room on the soft carpeted dark blue floors that I like to twist my fingers into. The plushness of the carpet and the coolness of the blue color against my fingertips create a feeling of comfort and calmness. The tiny circle windows all throughout my little home let in just the right amount of natural light and create a whimsical and unique atmosphere. It's not just the home that I will miss. I'm spending my last day of freedom with Ezra because I don't know when I'll be able to see him after starting at Guardian Academy.

"Hey Storms, anything interesting at your new school?"

"I haven't started yet but the tour was pretty cool."

Ezra set down a bunch of packets and paperwork from my teachers on the black painted end table.

"Well we can study and get the last of your school work turned in at Sawmill and in the mean time you can tell me about it."

"There's really not much to talk about. Except for this really old book that they keep locked away in their library."
I've got him intrigued by the look on his face that screams tell me more.

"I don't know Ez, I was talking to Lucas about it."

"Lucas? The guy you saved?"

"I did not save him. But yes."

"He goes there?" He pressed.

"Yeah, I didn't know that until mom and I ran into him."

"Do you like him?" He satirized.

"Is that really your business?"

"No and yes but okay. Tell me about the book." Ezra spoke in a more collected manor.

"Well it's called Guardian Angels Guide.
And apparently the school administration I'm guessing, gets to choose who has access to this book when being assigned to be someone's Guardian Angel."

"Kind of like a big game going on with the students?"

"That's what I'm guessing because when I first saw this book a guy introduced himself to me and said that he read the book and that his team calls him Bex."

"A team of guardian angels? So only angels can know their angels."

"Sounds like a fun game though."
A game that I hope to play.

"One more day left until you're at this Academy, have you met your roommate yet?"

"Unfortunately no is it bad to be nervous?"

My mom walks up behind me and kneels down so she can wrap her arms around me.

"Don't be nervous, be great."

BANG BANG BANG

"Ezra do you mind grabbing the door dear?"

"Not at all Miss Rose."

"WHERE IS SHE?" My dads voice bellows out. As he slams the door wide open before Ezra could even turn the door handle.