The decline

(A.N: this is a smol chapter that will help me to make a plan to where this fic is heading towards in later chapters)

——————

"Hey Rob!" You give the tall cyclops a little wave before walking up to him in the corridor close by to where your second lesson would be held.

"Emilia! ...Are you okay? You look...happier than normal."

You made a small hum in agreement before looking up at him with excited eyes.

"Did you think about my offer?"

"Yeah, well, you see..."

He sighed, fumbling with his hands in front of him.

"Look, I-uh...I'm sorry, you're a really nice person but I've honestly not known you for very long and I just can't see myself moving in with a total stranger, no offence! Is...that okay?"

He held a hand over his head, rubbed his neck and laughed nervously.

You could understand his situation completely, he didn't want to seem intrusive and he already had somewhere to sleep.

Yes maybe that somewhere was the damp, cold street benches in town, but you knew he wasn't really ready to trust you just yet.

"Don't apologise, I get it. You've only known me barely a day, after all, heheh. Anytime you change your mind though, the rooms open if you need it."

"Thanks, Em, that means a lot."

He stared at you for a couple seconds before jolting at the school bell.

He smirked nervously and you smiled, liking the nickname he called you, waving at him one last time to head on over to class.