The reasonable desicion

—  Time-skip to a couple months later bc I'm a lazy melon XD  —

"Rob!"

You screamed, running towards him.

It was only when you sped down the steps, as the school bell rung to signal the end of the day, that you saw your friend laying against the side of the building.

His head lent on the wall behind him, some blood seeped from the wounds on his right arm and scratched up blue forehead.

His eye was half-swollen and just this sight made you tear up as you ran towards him with panic and worry.

It's been over a year now that you've known him, and yet this is the fifth time you've caught him in the aftermath of being beaten up by Julius and his gang in school.

He wipes his watery widened eye and sighs defeatedly, lowering his head as he notices you approach.

"Before you say anything, I really tried to avoid confrontation this time, sadly they weren't in the mood to listen to me."

He laughed shakily as you crouch down to tear off your sleeves to then wrap it around his bloodied arm.

He looked a little guilty but you were to considered for his well-being to care about your clothes.

He winced at the pain but nodded for you to continue. Once you were finished, you hauled him up by his good arm and lifted him to his feet.

"The worst part is they don't even acknowledge me...they don't know who I am. They only beat me up because I'm a nobody..."

"Hey, man. You're not a nobody!" You tried to lift his spirits but he seemed too low to appreciate your efforts.

He sniffed, wiping his watery eye and turning away so you wouldn't see.

'Too late to hide it now,' you thought.

You sighed and started to walk him to the direction of your house.

"W-Wait, Where are you taking me?" He asked shakily.

"You need to rest someplace for a while, someplace safer than the streets. You remember that offer I made you ages ago?"

He nods, shouting his eye as the pain in his head seared and throbbed. He struggled to see with his vision blurred.

"Welp, the offer's still on."

You got the the house, by this time, the sun was beginning to set.

"You're not going to give me a choice though, are you?" He smiled thinly.

"Got that right." You dragged him up the porch stairs to the door.

You turned the handle, your brain reminding you to apologise to your siblings for not walking back home with them.

You half-carry him up the stairs to the spare room. The door swings open with a creak and you set Rob down on the uncovered mattress.

"It's only temporary and it's kind of a mess right now but it's the best I can do."

He crossed his legs on the bed and half-smiled against the pain in his head.

"Thank you Emily, I owe you one."

"You owe me more than that after what I have to deal with." You smile jokingly before making sure he was okay before leaving him to get some antibiotics and bandages.