A spark of hope

Y/n pov:

I got up as usual and got ready. It was a normal morning. The birds were chirping, the sun was shining and it was a nice day. It was rare to have a morning like this. I always wished to go outside but I never get to go outside. Well, I do get to go outside but I have to sneak out of my room to get outside. Anyways, I got ready in a simple outfit, red shirt, blue jeans, white socks and red shoes. (I don't know if you could wear whatever you want in the orphanage and you could change it if you don't like it)

I didn't have a roommate, well I used to have one. Her name was Riley. She was about my age and she was super nice. She got adopted a few years back so I'm alone, leaving me with my stuffed wolf, Mark. It was my younger brother's before he passed away along with my parents. They died in a raid and I was the only survivor. I had a few things that I have from them. I have a guitar from my dad, a keyboard from my mom and the plush from my little brother.

I sighed and went to the kitchen downstairs. Most of the kids were there. I grabbed a plate from the canteen and went to find a seat alone. I ate the peanut butter and jelly sandwich with scrambled eggs on the side. I put the plate in the bin that was provided and went to my room. Some kids were still eating, some were chatting and some were playing outside. The orphanage had a big backyard and I rarely get to go there without sneaking out.

I was about to go back to my empty and quiet room until I heard a voice calling me. "Y/n?" I turned around and saw one of the staff, ms. Blossom with a smile on her face "yes ms. Blossom?" I responded. "Do you perhaps want to go outside?" She asked. My eyes widened. "A-are you sure? I thought I wasn't aloud to go outside after what I did last time..." I said looking down.

-Flashback-

I was drawing while sitting under a tree. It was sunny and relaxing. Only a few kids were outside since it's hot outside. I was drawing peacefully until something flew pass my eyes. I flinched. I was looking around for what was it. After a few minutes of looking around, I saw a bee hive above me. How come I didn't notice this before?! I was getting annoyed by the bees that were flying by me so I grabbed a rock and threw it at the bee hive. The bees started to fly out of the hive and were flying towards me. I quickly ran inside. The bees stayed outside and I had to tell one of the staff what was going on. They had to call an exterminator and I was in big trouble. Long story short, I was not allowed outside again.

-Back to reality-

"It's alright dear, that happened two years ago. Plus, you haven't went outside for two years." She said. I was hesitant but agreed to go outside. She smiled and went to the staff lounge. (I don't know how an orphanage works)

I went upstairs to get my sketchbook and stationary to bring with me.

I was hesitant to go outside. My hand was on the door handle and was about to open it. I was nervous and anxious to go outside again. I did snuck out before but at night, not day. I took a deep breath before going outside. The sunlight was bright and it felt nice to be outside again. There were kids playing and talking. I smiled at the view I was seeing.

I went to a tree and sat under it. It was the tree that had the bee hive. I took in a deep breath and exhaled. It was nice smelling the fresh air. I started sketching a flower that was in front of me.

I stayed there for hours until ms. Blossom called me in. Curious, I went inside. She told me to go to my room. When I asked her why, she said that I can't stay outside for to long. The other staff might tell the owner and both of us might get in trouble. I nodded my head in response.