Something worth remembering

Hey there! Welcome back!
Sorry I haven't been updating lately..
Exams... I fucking hate them!! I'll try to update as much as I can! I accidentally unpublished the story so I had to republish all the chapters. It was an honest mistake. I meant to un-publish a story that I thought was shitty but accidentally unpublished this one. I'm just relieved that I didn't clicked the delete button.

Also, I changed everyone's ages because I have thought of a cool ending that has to do something about the future.

Phil: 26
Techno: 14
Wilbur:14 (five minutes younger)
Y/n: 11
Tommy: 12

This story contains the song from the above. Sorry, it's not the full song.

Anyways, hope you enjoy (◍•ᴗ•◍)

_________________________

Third person pov:

It was a rainy day. Everyone was in the living room, doing their own things.

Techno was reading a book on an armchair, Wilbur was sitting on the couch as he was tuning his guitar, Phil who was sitting next to him was observing the two younger ones who looked bored. Y/n was on the floor like a starfish while Tommy was on another armchair that was across from techno.

"Dad, is it still raining?" Tommy asked in a groggy tone. "It seems like it is." Phil replied with a small smile. The two kids groaned in frustration. "When will the rain stop?" Y/n asked. "I don't know mate. Maybe in thirty minutes or so. Anyways, I'm going to make lunch." Phil said as he stood up and walked towards the kitchen.

"How much longer do we have to stay indoors for? It has been two hours!" Tommy complained. "Yeah!" Y/n said as they lifted their head then laying back down. "It has literally been around five minutes." Wilbur said.
"Yeah, and it feels like it has been two hours!" Tommy complained.

Wilbur and Tommy were arguing which is normal. Phil was still preparing lunch, techno was reading his book and y/n was staring at the ceiling for God knows how long. "Y/n, don't you have anything else better to do than stare at the ceiling?" Techno asked as he put the book on his lap. "Well, no. My choice of entertainment is limited. The longest that someone could entertain me is around two minutes or so." Y/n explained. Techno nodded as a response.

"I think you two need to stop fighting before someone gets a concussion." Y/n threatened. After y/n said that, Tommy and Wilbur shut their mouths. Techno slightly smirked. Y/n sighed. They didn't had anything else better to do.

Y/n scanned the room to find something to entertain them in the meantime. They looked at wilbur's guitar and an idea came to mind.

"Hey Wil, can I borrow your guitar?" Y/n asked. "Sure, but do you even know how to play it?" Wilbur asked as he handed his guitar to y/n. "Well, let's see if I still remember how to play this thing.." y/n sat next to Wilbur and positioned themselves to a comfortable position. The three boys were intrigued to hear them play.

Wilbur pov:

Y/n started strumming the guitar lightly, making a beautiful melody. They continued strumming for awhile then began to sing.

"There will come a soldier who carries a mighty sword.
He will tear your city down
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lord.
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lord.
He will tear your city down
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lord."

They sang calmly. Then, they started strumming the guitar once more, making the same melody from the beginning.

"There will come a poet who's weapon is his words.
He will slay you with his tongue
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lord.
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lord.
He will slay you with his tongue
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lord."

They started strumming once again. The melody was still the same as before. It was calming if I'd be honest.

"There will come a ruler who's brow is laid in thorns.
Smeared with oil like David's boy
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lord.
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lord.
Smeared with oil like David's boy
Oh lei, oh lai, oh lord.

Oh lei, oh lai, oh lei, oh lord
He will tear your city down
Oh lei, oh lai~
Oh lord."

They started to play the end chorus that took awhile to play but it was relaxing.

They played the last note and I started clapping and so did Tommy and techno. "That was so cool! Since when did you knew how to play the guitar?!" Tommy asked excitedly. "Well, ever since I was maybe seven or eight years old. My dad used to play this song every night before I go to sleep. My dad taught me how to play the guitar and how to play the song."

Tommy and I payed attention when y/n explained their story. Techno also seemed interested but refused to show it. "Hey y/n, do you mind teach me how to play the song?" I asked with a smile. "Sure, I don't mind!" They replied with a smile.

"Maybe you could teach him another time. Lunch is ready." Dad said as he stood by the door frame of the kitchen with his arms crossed. "Race you to the kitchen!" Tommy yelled as he stood up and started to dart towards the kitchen. "Hey, that's not fair!" Y/n yelled back as they put down my guitar and bolted towards the kitchen, right behind Tommy. I chuckled at their actions.

-time skip-

Third person pov:

After lunch, y/n taught Wilbur how to play the song as they said they would. In y/n's opinion, it was fun to teach someone something you know very well.

'I guess this is something worth remembering..'

_______________________

Again, I'm sorry for not updating often. I also apologize about the age changes so suddenly.

Anyways, ily 💕💕💕