the rich man

ONCELER POV:

"So that's why I'm here...I just, needed a place to go. I'm sorry, I shouldn't even be here at all." Nagito's disheartenment floods my amygdala with sorrow, and I try comforting him. "I am so, so sorry about that Nagito. I- Tears off the couch please, this cost me $50,000." Nagito wipes his tears on his pants, mumbling out a half-hearted "sorry". "But I-...I don't get it. Why? Why would he cheat, why would he get back together with his ex? It doesn't make sense! We were discussing marriage, our honeymoon, our FUTURE CHILDREN! I was going to propose to him in two weeks, TWO FUCKING WEEKS," Nagito's voice starts shaking, his frustration boiling his feelings, "We could've started a family...WE COULD HAVE STARTED A FUCKING FAMILY! I...AGHHHH!" His screams of anguish and distress fill the room. He covers his face with his hands, half-trying to muffle his voice, and half-trying to hide from his feelings. I scooted over to Nagito, wrapping my arms around his trembling body and letting him weep in them. The sobs hushed into small involuntary sniffles, and by then his exhaustion seemed to break him down entirely. We sat in silence for what felt like hours, though it wasn't unpleasant. His exhaustion had him out first, rhythmic beating and bodily warmth quickly lulling me into unconsciousness right after.

1 hour later
(still Onceler POV)

I groggily awake on my $50,000 luxury custom made couch - when did I fall asleep? - next to Nagito Komaeda. Oh, right. For someone who was just sobbing his heart out, he seemed so calm and peaceful now. I missed waking up to that face. Gently untangling our arms, I get up and check the time: 23:04. Maybe I should prepare a few snacks to cheer Nagi up before bed. It's the least I can do.

I grab my iPhone 89 pro ultra max deluxe limited edition with real gold installed and pull up a recipe for coconut bagels, his favorite snack. During our relationship, if the chefs weren't available, I was the cook. I had even gone the extra mile of taking classes for it retaining remarkable culinary skills from the experience.

I search the cabinets for dry ingredients and whisk those together in my finest obsidian bowl, then fuse the wet ingredients in a smaller container before stirring the two together. My thoughts wander during the process. I had my own grievances with Sans, but cheating just...wasn't like him. There had to be something else to it, some other motive behind his adultery.
As I add the coconut pulp into the thick dough, I hear slow and familiar footsteps. Guess the sound of the hand mixer had woken Nagi- no, Nagito up. He's not mine anymore, I know that.

Nagito comes from behind me to peek at the source of the noise, a small smile forming when he recognizes the scent and look of his favorite food.

"You're making coconut bagels?" His gaze shifts to the darkened windows, then towards the nearest clock. He looks back at me and, with a humored snort, cocks his head. "...At this hour?"

I shrug and continue working the dough, beginning to form the disk shapes now. "I thought they might help cheer you up a little. They're still your favorite, aren't they?"
He chuckles softly at that, nodding in confirmation. Something seems to be on his mind, but I don't ask. He's been through enough today.

Nagito helps me remove the bagels from the boiling water, and we brush them with egg wash together before placing the tray of bagels in the pre-heated oven. I suggest we do something while we wait, and he asks what exactly I have in mind. Drinking is immediately my first thought, and I voice the idea despite my doubts. He's up for it, and within minutes we've downed 2 full bottles of Dom Pérignon champagne.

Nagi's always been a lightweight but he seemed to forget that somewhere in the 5th glass. By the time the bagels are done, we're both fully wasted. We stumble over to the kitchen as the timer blares and Nagi reaches for the oven door first. Immediately, he burns his hand while pulling the tray out, and I take it out of his hands quickly to set it down and aid to the burn. In my drunken stupor, I forget myself and gingerly kiss the burn on his hand. Nagi looks up at me with a shocked sort of wonder. It's only after the action that I realize my mistake and try to apologize, but I'm cut off by a pull from the back of my waist and a desperate kiss to my lips. That seemed to be the final straw for him.

This is messed up, he has a boyfriend.
Yet that same boyfriend took him for granted and cheated on him with his ex.
We split for a reason, it wasn't working out.
It's working out right now though, for the both of us.
We should stop.
Do you want to?
...

I push him onto the couch with total disregard for potential damaged and suck on the lower part of his neck. I've missed this man like hell.

(there's no drawn version of the scene after this but it's implied in the following page so i wanted to include the details just to give more context)