chapter 10

Even though I didn't meet his parents, Something is off with this family; I can feel it. The way Nova talks about his family made me realise he's not particularly fond of his dad.

However,he loves his mom. She helps his dad with his mysterious business that I never cared to dig into. I don't wanna be intrusive.

We walked inside and the house is good ,
but eerie. The walls are decorated with antique things, similar to the ones in the secret room at the Waterpark.
Nova's mom Janet welcomed me and hugged me. His dad however was busy on a phone call and walked into their bedroom and closed the door.

'Don't mind him, he's always busy'
'It's alright Mrs.Gene'
'He'll be back soon, you two sit at the
table and I'll check on the cook'
'Ok mom!' Nova sighed.

We sat next to each other at the table. Nova held my hands and said 'I'm sorry,
they are not usually like this'.
'It's alright, your house is beautiful'
'Yeah, most of it is designed by my mom,
she has an eye for beauty'
'Yeah, she did well'

Nova's parents walked in and sat down with us, at the opposite chairs facing me and Nova. His dad greeted me with a smile.
"I'm sorry about the call"
"It's alright Mr.Gene"
"I'm glad that my son got a beautiful young woman like you Sage"
"I'm glad that I have a fine gentleman like Nova is my boyfriend"

I'm shocked as I said that. Nova squeezed my hand and whispered "they
like you". I blushed.The cook walked in and served the dinner on our plates. We talked about my mother, my career and I mentioned about the Waterpark.

His father got uncomfortable and walked out saying 'excuse me Sage, I got some urgent work to do'.
I didn't understand why he got so uncomfortable. This is weird.His mom tried to lighten up the situation and i really appreciate her for that.

We finished our meals and Nova asked if I wanted a house tour. I said yes because this house is mysterious and interesting
and I love places like this.

Nova showed me the mini library room filled with hundreds of books. I can stay in this room forever if the food and water is provided. "I thought you'd like it"Nova said " Are you kidding me, I love this Nova, it's incredible". I love books and libraries so this place is what I aspire to have in future when I get my own big house.

We visited Nova's room and there is a room infront of his room that is locked.
'Why is it locked?'
'It's a sad story'
'alright,I'm willing to listen if you are comfortable saying it'
Nova kissed me on the cheek and took me into his room. We sat on Nova's bed and he started to say why the door is locked.

"It's the room of my little brother's who died 15 years ago in an accident.He's 4 years old when he died. My mom couldn't handle losing him and stopped eating for 4 days. Just water when we forcefully make her drink. She just sat on his tiny bed and cried until there's nothing left. We have to tranquilize her to make her leave that room and she recovered after a week. My dad locked the room and no one entered it since then".
"I'm sorry that happened, babe"
"It's unfortunate, but we are doing better now"
Nova leaned into me and kissed me. It took very less time escalate and we are doing it on his bed. It was so good.
While dressing up Nova said I could visit his library room whenever I want and I agreed.

I said goodbyes to Nova's parents and walked out of his house together,his hands on my shoulder. I stopped at the lillies and plucked a big flower. Nova smirked at me and said " you love them don't ya?" I replied " not as much as I love you Mr.Nova Gene". He hugged me and kissed me on the forehead.

Nova then dropped me off at my place and I had some delivery waiting for me to open. My mom must have taken it inside. I opened the package and it's those spy cameras I ordered off amazon.
Now I can find out who's stalking me.