Secret

- You're right- said Peter from across the breakfast table. James glanced sideways at him from his board. -I should perform my duties as king of the fairies. I'll call them this afternoon to take me to their kingdom- he concluded.

- Are you sure? -James asked between surprise and concern.

- Will you come with me? - Peter answered, watching him impassively.

The question was serious. James looked confused.

- Do you think... they will let me come with you," he asked.

- Of course, I'm their prince, they won't be the ones to decide that," Peter replied nonchalantly, stretching out on the soft cushion in front of the breakfast table.

His friend remained silent in thought.

- Have you been there yet?

- No, I haven't.

- But Mom...

- She won't know," Peter said curtly and seriously. But his expression turned giggly from one moment to the next, he came up behind James' back hugging him from behind. - After yesterday I don't want to die - James felt the boy's golden curls caress his cheek - Not without having visited my kingdom sometime - Peter murmured resting his head on James' shoulder.

 - After yesterday I don't want to die - James felt the boy's golden curls caress his cheek - Not without having visited my kingdom sometime - Peter murmured resting his head on James' shoulder

He remained serious looking at his drawing. It was about the night landscape of the lake. The black-haired man thought of the hundreds of nights he had wanted to ask Peter to visit that mysterious kingdom. Now it was his friend who was asking him. And after such an adrenaline rush the day before, he needed something more than medicine to keep the nightmares away. Maybe knowing a place as mystical as the fairy kingdom would bring him back to good sleep again.

 Maybe knowing a place as mystical as the fairy kingdom would bring him back to good sleep again

- Okay- he replied, resting his hand on Peter's hand, which rested on his shoulder. Peter smiled happily. And he went in search of his flute and quena.

The fairies soon appeared around the tree house once the boys began to play their instruments. Once in the kingdom the fairies greeted Peter with a bow and wreaths of flowers for both of them.