Chapter 1

Dinahs pov
I woke up at 7 and showered and put on black leggings and a white shirt and a blazer with heels I straightened my hair and put light makeup on I woke tessa and Cathy up for school and got Amy ready for daycare morning I said as they came downstairs looking tired they got breakfast and we all got in the car on time we dropped Amy off first then tessa then Cathy have a good day I said to them as I left before driving to work. I arrived at the same time as my best friend joy morning I yelled scaring her shut up Dinah she shouted laughing we walked into the station laughing when viv came out her office ma'am we called seeing her sergeants she said before rushing us into the meeting we got started straight away I was thinking about the case when I felt someone poke me oi I yelled turning round it was spike my friend and work mate what he said matching my tone don't poke me I said loudly I'm not he yelled laughing suddenly viv yanked us out the room and gave us a stern talking to right listen to me leave the firting till later we have a new boss to please who i said confused what detective inspector deering means is you have to impress me said a voice sounded nasally we turned simultaneously to see a tall thin woman striding towards us her face looked angry oops I said making viv snort I'm dci Christine lickberg she said before walking into the meeting making me and spike laugh right get to work viv said before we all rejoined in the meeting room.
The case we were working on was about a rich woman or something called Nora attah I was tasked with spike to interview her son manni we had been questioning him for an hour and his lawyers was pissing me off look I shouted do you know where Roland berry is no comment he said just as loud making my sigh you have two kids don't you he said suddenly making me stare at him that isn't relevant to the case I said to him I've seen them around Tessa she lovely ain't she suddenly spike went to punch him spike I said standing in front of him Dinah he shouted going at him again I dragged him out of the interview room I was raging stop I yelled at spike what do you not care that he knows your family he shouted in my face making me flinch I hadn't done that since I was younger spike he's got people everywhere I'm raging that he knows Tessas name what she looks like but he's a suspect if I hit him he gets away with raping Roland I said softly to spike he nodded at me before storming off I left joy to see if she could get anything out of manni I decided to take a break and went to the roof I sat down and stared at the traffic feeling conflicted I had flinched from spike my friend he wouldn't hurt me but why did I flinch he's soft as shite I heard the door open and seen Viv hey I said why are you crying she asked I felt my face and realised I was I flinched from spike I said to her what did he do she shouted no I said standing in front of her we interview manni and he brought up Cathy and Tessa he said he new what they looked like and that Tessa was lovely and spike got angry I mean I was pissed but spike he lost it and I pulled him out and he started shouting in my face not at me more about the case and I flinched like he was going to me but I know in my heart he wasn't I whispered the last part suddenly Viv hugged me tight it's going to be ok Dinah she said making me feel safe.