Chapter Ten

"A masquerade ball? Really?" Namjoon let out a long sigh, not even wanting to look at his colleague who was standing in front of his desk and chewing onto his chicken sandwich. He mumbled a yes. Namjoon grabbed onto his hair. He had so many paper work and he had no time to waste. He didn't know what the previous teacher was doing here but everything was a mess. He felt like he was just stuck into some kind of a paper pile, never able to climb up to the top and Hoseok was asking him to go somewhere and have fun. "Don't bother."

"Namjoon, are you seriously going to act like a depressed, old man always spending time at his apartment alone and lonely?" Hoseok whined after swallowing his bite. "You're not fun at all! Do you ever do anything besides existing?"

Namjoon rolled his eyes. "I'm completely fine this way."

"Shut the hell up. You know today is the big day for our city and how many people will actually come." Hoseok explained as if it was some kind of nuclear science. "It's one of the best events. Imagine, everyone under their masks and you can't even tell who they are. You might end up making out drunk as hell with someone you actually know but you wouldn't know."

"Hoseok, you're weird. I'm not going-"

"Mr. Kim!" Namjoon sighed again. Hoseok smirked and took a couple of steps back before he waved at Seokjin and after giving him a smile, walked away while flicking his fingers.

"What do you need, Seokjin? Your father brought Soobin an hour ago."

"I'm so aware od that." Seokjin said as in a matter of fact way and made his way over to his desk. Namjoon noticed how loose his tie was around his neck and he clicked his tongue. He shouldn't be going around looking funny. A tie needs to be perfect. Ah, who was he kidding anyway, he just didn't want to admit he looked hot like that. "When will you understand, Mr. Kim, that I can't imagine a day without looking into your eyes."

"Again, if you came here to-"

"To ask you if you would love to visit the masquerade ball tonight." Seokjin cut him off. "My friend and I will be there so it would be nice having more company."

"Then you should perhaps find someone your own age and mentality." Namjoon said. "I have more important things to than that."

"I've already found someone." Seokjin said.

Namjoon could see the way his face got serious. "Seokjin, I've already told you so many times to give up and find someone more suitable for you." Seokjin nodded to his words. Namjoon raised his eyebrows in surprise. He could swear nothing happened inside his chest. Did Seokjin actually give up on him? He smiled inside himself. It was what he wanted whole this time anyway. It's not like it should bother him at all. "That's good. Then go with them, it would make you much happier than spending time with someone twice your age."

"That's why I'm asking you, Mr. Kim. Judging by your reaction, you thought I was serious about it, right?" Seokjin smirked. "I'm not asking you out on a date, I'm just asking if you would love to make us company and have fun tonight. Perhaps, have a good dinner and play some games around. If I can't win your heart yet, I want to win something else."

Namjoon stared at him, not saying a single word. Seokjin's smirk vanished before he smiled warmly and leaned onto his desk, his lips only a couple of inches away from Namjoon's. What was his problem? Why wouldn't he just give up and let him be? What's happening into a seventeen years old brain that cannot talk him out of his stupid imagination? Seokjin knew nothing about love and life. Sure, falling in love was nice but there was no guarantee you would love someone forever.

"You don't understand. Your face, I've never seen someone so pretty yet handsome at the same time. You might act cold, but I can feel it when your heart sings because it makes my heart sing too."

"Get out!"

Seokjin chuckled and made his way over to the door. "Please consider even thinking about it. I will meet you at the Gate at eight." He looked at Namjoon and waved at him goodbye, not leaving any chance for him to refuse. He hated how quick he would get all worked up over some cute words. He slapped both of his cheeks a couple of times to snap himself out of it before getting back to his papers.

---

"But I wanna go too!" Soobin whined and crossed his arms over his chest as he stared at his older brother who was getting ready and talking to Jimin onto his phone at the same time.

Jeongguk chuckled and picked Soobin up in the air, making him giggle. "You want to go too? Then we should get ready and have a nice night out. What do you think, Taehyung?" Jeongguk asked his husband who was too busy putting on his face cream. "Dada, please! Even uncle will go!"

"Taeyeong will be there?" Taehyung asked. "He never said anything."

"Soobin and I saw him today at the store. He was buying some clothes and asked if we planned to go." Jeongguk said. "I told him we were."

"Jeongguk!" Taehyung whined. "How can you tell someone I will go when I don't even have an outfit!"

"Didn't I tell you where we bumped into him? Of course I went with Soobin and bought the.."

"Jimin, I expect you to be ready in exactly ten minutes. I can't afford being late tonight." Seokjin spoke as he put on his blue tail jacket that reached the back of his knees and adjusted his collar. He didn't even listen to his family ranting. He checked himself out in the mirror, taking in his full outfit and smiling at himself. He thought that he looked amazing and that he would impress him tonight. Those white pants really made him look irresistible. He made sure each hair strand was slicked back perfectly, revealing his full handsome face.

A small touch of red cherry lipbalm and a few small drops of Paco Rabanne onto his neck made a final touch. He grabbed onto his vintage mask from the counter and adjusted it onto his face, leaving only lower part of his face visible for people around. He had about twenty minutes to reach the Gate and his heart was beating so loud but at the same time, he didn't expect anything. He was sure Namjoon wouldn't show up.

He took his phone and a black leather wallet and began putting on his shoes.

"Brother looks so cool." Soobin whispered in awe. Seokjin chuckled and scratched his little head before placing a kiss onto his cheek. Soobin took a step closer and put his finger to his lips. "I hope Mr. Kim will be amazed by your looks!"

"I bet he will. Bye, I love you!" Seokjin yelled as he ran out of the house, feeling the cold air hitting his face as he kept running down the street.

He passed by the kindergarten, noticing the lights were all shut, even the one in Namjoon's office. He was determined to have the man all to himself. Adrenaline started pumping inside his body out of nowhere. He had a feeling something was going to happen tonight. He didn't know what, but he knew he couldn't wait to see his beautiful face and talk to him. His birthday was near. He had hopes Namjoon would think different of him when he becomes an adult. He wasn't going to give up, even if it took him years to win over his heart. He wasn't going to let anyone else make memories with him.

"You're fast dude. I barely walked out." Jimin said. He smirked when he saw how worked up his best friend was. "Excited much, aren't you?"

"There's a chance Yoongi will be there. You better keep an eye on your man." Seokjin panted.

Jimin gasped. "Really? How can you know that?"

"Soobin told me today Yeonjun will go. I suppose he will bring him to the event." Seokjin said. "Bro, you're horny for a man who has a kid."

"Shut the fuck up, you lice. I don't care if he has ten kids."

"Right, right. Let's go, we will be late." Seokjin said and started running again. Jimin whined and started running after him. If only they knew what they were getting themselves into.

---

Do you want some action drama in the next chapter?