As the sun goes down.

They are seventeen and things haven't gotten any better. 

They are seventeen when neighboring kingdoms grow restless. 

And they are seventeen when the world puts them at odds with eachother.

Their parents are as absent as ever,if one could ever think of them like a parental figure. They were never there to begin with. They don't even remember their faces

Yet Dream still finds enough love in his heart to mourn for them when they pass.

Nightmare doesn't

Dream is to takeover the kingdom,and war is on the brink of starting

And dream isn't ready,he is too young,not even an adult. And he has spent his time coddled all through his life and only shown what other what him to see. He is too trusting,to kind,he is a fool.

And Nightmare still finds enough humanity-buried deep-somewhere. To finally reach out even though his mind screams 'NO' because their bond was that close to breaking. He was that close to finally convincing dream that he was alone. That his brother had died long ago. Because his is a human trapped inside a monster.

A monster trapped inside a story

But curse his weak heart and curse his fragile soul.

Because Nightmare is older despite his physical appearance and every time he looks at dream all he see's is a child. And maybe he shouldn't,maybe he shouldn't had tried so hard to follow the role set for him.

He didn't have a choice

If he didn't do it then someone else will. And he won't have any control,and whoever takes his place will really be evil. Vile and scheming,and then they will die. 

Death doesn't scare him,not anymore,but he is scared for others.

He knocks on the door. 

Dream smiles and the tiredness comes out full throttle as Dream learns to confide in him once more.

I'm sorry