1 | Nikki and Lynn

[6:00 am]

(NIKKI)

*alarm rings

*Yawn
What time is it? Oh. Okay then.

I sloppily get out of bed and go to the bathroom. I rub my eyes and I'm greeted by a familiar face. Too bad it was a face straight out of a horror film.

"Ha. Ha. Very funny Nikki. Go wash your face in the sink. You look like a tumbleweed with that bed hair."

I stick my tongue out and smirk.

Looks like Lynn smiled back.

Part of me likes the fact that my roommate can read minds, but part of me feels like I should be a lot more scared.

"Hey Lynn, I told you no mind reading in the morning."

Lynn scoffed in response.
"Heh, relax! You're probably gonna miss this so might as well show off while I can."

I roll my eyes playfully.
"Fine, fine."

It's true though. Lynn's about to move out of the apartment to live with her fiance. I admit I am gonna miss her a lot. And if you're listening to this Lynn, you asked for it.

I recalled a gross picture I saw of a cat eating a rat.

I peek at Lynn from the bathroom door, and I see her cover her mouth. I see you, Lynn. You saw was I was thinking didn't you?

Lynn goes to the kitchen.
"Well, I...think that's enough mind-reading for one day. Hehe, guess I'll start packing."

I run to her and hug her in my arms.
"Nonsense! C'mon buddy, I'm thinking about a lot of good things you might like!"

"Hey, get off me! I ain't looking at your gross doo-doo brain again."

I rub her head and tell her,
"Trust me, I have something good this time! You won't regret it! Just one more time please."

Lynn sighs,
"Geez, alright. Let me hear it."

I really enjoyed living here with Lynn. I know it's not gonna be the same without her. Rent was never a problem since we both had well-paying jobs, but...I've never lived on my own before. I was just so lucky that we both decided to live together after graduation. 

Lynn's my best friend, and...there won't be a day that I won't think about her.

Lynn smiles, I can see it.
"C'mon Nikki. You're gonna make me cry."

I see a tear fall from Lynn's face. Did I go too far this time?

"Hehe. You have gone too far, Nikki. Now, I might be crazy enough to make you move in with me and my fiance."

I reply,
"Wait WTF?!"

She chuckles,
"HAHAHA! You're the best Nikki! You better be the best bridesmaid too!"

We chat a bit more until I realize I still haven't washed my hair after half an hour.

. . .

[7:05 am]

We're at a cafe to have breakfast since Lynn was too busy packing to make breakfast.

Maybe...it was also a bit of my fault too since I told her not to wake me too early after I stayed up late at night.

Lynn smiles at me,
"Nah, don't worry. I planned to come here with you anyway. That's why I agreed not to wake you up in the first place."