4 | Lost

[NIKKI]

When I rushed in after my uncle, I heard the doors close behind me. It was pitch black, I could see nothing.

I pulled out my phone and turned on the flashlight. I pointed it to the ground, but there was nothing! All I could see was the beam of light coming from my flashlight. Everything else was pure darkness. I couldn't even tell what the heck I was stepping on.

I tried calling out his name. "Uncle Ethil! Where are you?!"

There was no answer.

This is some sort of magic. Either this cave is magical or there's a witch around here. Not too farfetched considering some superheroes say their powers come from someplace magical.

I try walking backward to check the door. It's not there anymore.

Wait. I could have sworn I didn't run that far.

I keep walking backward but there was no door, no wall, no nothing. I felt like I could walk for miles and still not find the exit.

"I'm not in the cave anymore am I?"

I decided to shout:
"HELLO? IS ANYONE THERE? PLEASE LET ME AND MY UNCLE LEAVE! WE WON'T COME BACK, WE WON'T TELL ANYONE!"

No one answered.

I would've panicked about now, but I still have my last resort. If anything happens, I'll create portals. I still don't entirely know how it works, but I know I can use them.

I walk forward, holding my arms up in case I touch something in front of me. I keep walking and this place was empty. Am I even on earth anymore? I didn't think a place this empty and big could actually exist.

I see no other option. I hold out my hand and create a portal. Through it, I saw the forest that was outside the cave.

"Yes!" I run through it, and I end up outside.

That actually worked?! Oh **** I was scared it was going to be a lot harder! Thank goodness. but my uncle is still in there. Do I call for help? Who would I call?

I need to call the police immediately! They might be able to contact someone who can find him.

...

But I still don't know if he's okay. I walk slowly to the doors. I push them open without entering this time. When I looked inside, it looked like a normal cave. It was so small, I could see the end of it from here.

"Oh no...where is he?!"

I decided to take a risk. I took 2 large rocks from the ground and use them as a doorstop. I walk in, and nothing happened. The cave remained the same.

I was willing to go further. From inside the cave, I kicked the rocks away and closed the doors. When the doors fully closed, it was pitch-black and I could no longer feel the doors the doors must've disappeared entirely!

I made another portal that led to the outside of the cave, but before I could walk through it, I felt something grab my wrist. I couldn't see what it was, but it felt like a hand. My heart rate skyrocketed.

Whatever it was, I pushed it away with my other hand and ran through the portal.

"What the heck!"

This was dangerous, but I had an idea. Breaking the doors down might prevent me from getting trapped in that dark space again, but if I do that, I might not be able to go there again.

What if Uncle was in there but couldn't respond when I called out to him? What if that "thing" was keeping him from speaking?

Confused and discouraged, I walked back down the path. I didn't have many options, so I tried making a portal that would take me somewhere with cell service.