Bottled Surprise

(quick disclaimer the characters here are not affiliated with Coroika)

IN THE STUDIO

"From Splatsville that's a wrap" speaks a small, lanky pale figure with one tentacle covering her slim red eyes. "Catch ya later!" The trio says while posing their signatures; holding their arms out and pointing their 3 fingers on both hands to the ground, then they go back to their seats once they get a signal to from the camera crew.

The yellow one sighs, "It's so HOT in here. I've been at Splatsville since I've been in a cradle and I've never felt such heat! Worst part is that we're sitting ducks in here!" she exclaimed. The blue lady then looks over to her friend, "What a surprise! The desert gets hot when it's summer," she responds sarcastically "but y'know maybe it'll get a little better if you stopped whining about it and focused on something else.'' She uses her paper fan to hide her cocky smile. Then, the gray large manta ray spoke out "Ay, ay!" in which when properly translated: "But what to do! We only talk and wave to passing by fans! There's even no service here! Not to mention I've been asking months for someone to install cooling but it's yet to happen! There's nothing to do but whine, Shiver!" he flaps his fins.

Unfortunately they're both right. Shiver's face drops to a frown, she looks away from her friends to stare up at the ceiling. Maybe with thought they'll figure it out... something good... "Hmm.." the octopus hums "I don't know.. perhaps we can-" "I GOT IT!" Frye hops out her pillow, "We can take a quick walk to the vending machine nearby so we're not trapped in this hotbox! There we'll get some drinks to cool down and we won't even have to worry about the fans, it's turf rush hour! Most of them are already out by now! Plus if they do show up, only a few signatures to pass the time!" She hastily explains. Big Man nods in agreement but Shiver turns back to her with a peculiar smug grin.

"Yeah I was about to say that but SOMEONE had to interrupt me. Let's see how long you'll go being the 'problem solver'" Frye then snaps her head over to her right with a mean stare "Then ya should've said it sooner, huh!? Yeah we'll see how long I'll be keeping this title! Which will be longer than YOU!" she whips out her arm and points at Shiver. The lady on the left crossed her arms and returns the same hostility, leading to a short staring contest until- "Ay, ay.. ay! (C'mon that's enough, the heat will only get worse sitting here acting like children when we could be over to those drinks by now.)"

The two took a moment to look at themselves and their surrondings. "Fine" "Whatever" the girls replied. The trio then lift out their seats and wave goodbye to the jellyfish camera crew while heading to the door. They then leave to walk throughout the short hallway, leading to various buildings until the exit outside.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
OUTSIDE

Frye digs in her pockets, fiddling her fingers around to catch the right amount and then pulls out her findings to examine shortly; she decides it should be enough for the 3 of them. She looks back at the two standing behind her watching "So, you guys gonna tell me what you want or are you expecting me to read your minds?" She smirks. Big man lifts a fin "Ay! (Fanta! My favorite!)" "Give me some Coca Cola, that should do for now" Shiver points her fan at the desired soda inside the machine. Frye looks up at the prices then back down to her hands to pluck out the cash and push it in the slot, she presses three buttons and the corresponding drinks fall down from their spots.

Frye digs her hand inside the bottom slot and grabs two drinks to hand them to her partners, then goes back under to take her own and shove into her pocket. While in the motion, the soda pops from its containment and steadily overflows with fizz, Frye instantly lets go of the can to jerk back her arm, watching the can descend and drop onto the ground. The crew stare down at it, then their faces twist with slight disgust realizing the liquid is purple. "Is there even a flavor that looks like that?" Says Shiver with concern in her voice. "No, this is just the regular. What the shell... I was going to drink that!" Frye reaches her arms outwards, expressing her anger