Louis

Sigh

This top is just...not right!

I don't know why I am fussing about what I wear for school. I'll get bullied for anything I wear. I take off my shirt and throw it in the corner of my room. I find a baby blue top and a white suit jacket to go with my black jeans. Some would say it's formal but I honestly don't care any more. No matter what I wear, I get picked on.

Raking through my sock draw, I find a cute pair of pink socks with the iPhone's pig emoji on each and put them on. My feet have been swallowed by pigs! Haha. I look at my reflection and decide the pink-purple top would be better than the blue. I grab my Rudolph backpack and head out the door for another day of school.

Wait; shoes. I forgot to put my shoes on. Again.

Plain black shoes is the school standard. I want to show Fred and George (the little sock piggies) off today so wear my slip on flats. I once again head out the door and run to the bus stop to catch the public bus. I hate the school bus. Why spend more time being bullied?

Bugger. I just missed it. Bloody hell: now I have to catch the school bus. Ugh. I arrive at the stop and the kids stare at me. I shrug it off and put my earphones in.

I used to rule the world. Seas would rise when I gave the word. Now in the morning I sleep alone, sweep the streets I used to own.

Glancing up, I see the bus has arrived and students are boarding. I grab £1.50 out my purse and climb on. When I go upstairs, all but one of the seats are taken. I haven't seen this person before. "E-excuse. Please c-could I ,well, please could I sit there." I ask nervously. She smiles and nodes before moving her bag. I offer her an earphone just as Dancing Queen by ABBA starts to play.

I blush and look down sheepishly before skipping the song. "No don't skip it! I love this song!" She pouts. I return to it and she starts singing along. Her laughter is so fun and full of joy that I can't help but join in.

You are the dancing queen. Young and sweet, only seventeen!

As soon as I start, she stops. I get a little offended and think she thinks I am bad singer but she surprises me and hugs me. "You-you're a really good si-singer!" She says. I look at her for a second and hug her back. I don't even know her name but she is so kind, I just... Ugh. No one has ever complemented my singing before. I mean, I really like to sing, but I never thought I was actually good! Maybe I'm just over complicating things here. Maybe she's just being nice but maybe she truly thinks I am good. Plus, she hasn't said anything abut the cross dressing so that's always a good sign.

"I'm Louis." She smiles. "I'm H-Sarah. Yeah, Sarah" "Well it's nice to meet you Sarah""You too Louis."

A part of me knows she is hiding something; but the other part is just so, so glad I made a friend and not another person judging me.

She looked down as we pulled into the bus loop and gasped. I followed her gaze to my socks. Oh. "I love your socks!" She squealed. What? "I, um, I have another pair at home if you want them." Her face lit up. Then, once again, she hugged me.

As everyone gets off the bus, Sarah turns towards me, looks at her schedule and says, " erm, it doesn't look like we have lesson one together so um, well... bye!" And she runs off. She's so cute!