38.

Excuse any mistakes!
Luna Hogan

"My feelings for you haven't changed

"My feelings for you haven't changed. They've grown more as the years went on. I know as fucked up as this may display, but I was only with Carlos to get closer to you." My mouth dropped as Joy went on to confess her "true sentiments".

"You are one sick psychotic bitch." I was truly shocked by this confession. Yes, she explained in the past that she liked me, but I never took Joy seriously. The way she acted with Gabe couldn't have been a front. The look in hers when she looked at him, how she explained she loved him—couldn't have been a lie, right?

"Listen to me..." There was a heavy, pregnant pause as tears filled her eyes. "Just say you love me."

"Are you on drugs, Joy? You have to be smoking some laced weed or sniffing that shit. I don't know where the fuck the wires in your mind crossed but I don't like you. You're a nice person—so I thought. But I'm not attracted to you. Did you forget you were dating my uncle?"

The tears finally fell as she aggressively wiped them. She looked at me with dazed eyes. She didn't seem to be herself.

"I don't know why I keep trying with you. You've always been a selfish bitch. I've always been there for you and you treat me like a piece of shit. I loved Gabe but you're the one I wanted! How can't you see that? Oh, let me guess you're fucking Zae again? After he used and spit you out REPEATEDLY, you're back sucking his dick?"

"I am actually." I smiled, watching her visibly shake. The irritation and bitterness were clear as day in her body language. Her face was turning bright red. "Every night."

Joy started laughing. It wasn't her normal laugh—this was a deranged laugh that made me concerned. As quick as the tears came, they quickly left her eyes. She sat up straight in the plush chair, fixing her hair.

"Your uncle is a piece of shit. He's been cheating on me and didn't think I noticed. Well, you let him know that I fucked him Cliff, and his dick was out of this world. Fuck you, fuck this club, and fuck Gabe!"

"Clearly you've lost your mind, so I'm going to spare you this one time. I'd advise you to get up and remove yourself from my club before I hurt you. I will not let you continue to disrespect me nor Gabe. If you don't want to be with him, that's fine. Nobody is begging you, Crazy. There's the door."

"Oh, y'all just the best of friends again?"

"The fuck do you mean? This is my uncle, regardless of anything I'm still going to beat someone's ass over him. Joy, don't play with me."

Her mouth parted but no words came out. She quickly gathered her things and left out. My eyes went to my phone—the call was still connected. I pressed the speaker button and placed the phone on my desk.

"Next time you should choose someone around your own damn age. Now look at you, old and single—double homicide."

"That bitch is crazy as fuck. I should've known things would play out like this when she started working back at that club and got all her shit last week..." He sighed, trailing off.