Chapter 3

//Daryll POV//

"I'm going to spy on Herobrine. I thought he was dead, but he revived! I want to know what he's trying to do." I asked for permission from my best friend while Azura walked slightly behind.

 "What if you get caught? Herobrine still has electric bolts and his massive undead army." Patrick raised his eyebrow while trying to get a good grip of the hollow-headed stick man's body.

 "You said it yourself, Grandmaster! 'There is no shame in fear. There's only shame in letting fear rule you!'" I imitated his voice, pouting my lips.

Patrick nudged his elbow in my arm. "That wasn't a joke, Bandit! You should've taken it as a serious matter when you got crushed by an airship. I saved you from getting squished, remember?" He laughed it over and shook his head. "Oh I will give you permission, all right. But don't expect me to save you again."

 "Ha, you won't have to! You worry too much."

 "Okay, then see you soon. I'm going to get this poor little... um... thing to the medical center."

I nodded and waved goodbye to both.

The true reason I want to spy on Herobrine is that, I sense this awkward feeling. Herobrine, while being the villain, still might need help. There's no rule that the good guys shouldn't help the villain.

He didn't bring his army with him today. If he actually had the intention to kill us, he could've brought in waves of skeletons and zombies.

I shot two skeletons in the head with my gun and kept searching for tracks of Herobrine or anyone who needs to be tended to. 

I took off my mask and boots to climb a tree to get a bird's eye view. It was like, I turned 6 again. Only my body was heavier and stiffer. 

I jumped one branch to another, swinged to another, and landed. I was pretty high up. I was at the top. 

I got my compass out to figure out south, east, west, and north. I kept waving my compass around, but the needle just kept spinning.

 "How on earth does this work...?" Frustrated, I threw it to the side. 

 "Ow! Hey watch it!" Somebody groaned.

 "Who's there?" I got my gun out and loaded the ammo. A green and red stick figure rubbed their heads. 

Scared, I held the gun, almost pulling the trigger.

 "W-wait!! We're not here to hurt you! Look, we're injured and we need the nearest help source we can get in contact with. Please.. We just got attacked by Herobrine..." Green pleaded, raising both hands in means of surrender.

My eyes widened and I slowly lowered my gun. "Herobrine..? Is he okay? He attacked you?" I hoisted my gun on my back and helped both of them up.

 "Yes. My friend here has some... attraction, is that how you say it..? Anyway, my friend got possessed by Herobrine and is in terrible physical condition. He didn't fight with swords or bolts, just got sucked in my friend which made him evil and beat me up. Herobrine then got out and ran away."

 "Okay. Here's what I intend. I'm going to take you to Frostbourne, the biggest military group in the snowy plains. It's not far from here. You can get medical treatment there." I suggested.

Green nodded in agreement and I pulled his and Red's arms around my neck to help them walk.

 "By the way, what's your name?"

 "My name is Daryll, the Bandit leader."

 "You are a criminal and you work with civilians?"

 "... Now isn't the time to talk about that. I have a tragic memory about it.."