Chapter Five

A month has went by & Things actually are good for the most part I have kept Brittany & Jackson separate for each other & I get fucked on the regular basis

It's hard being caught between two people who really love & care about me but I couldn't just tell Jackson I wasn't going to marry him so he wanted to have a party for our engagement & I don't want that.

"Lush can you focus?" I asked my little brother who adopted into our family as a baby.

"What, Tiana your the one who wants to do a engagement party in like one week" He rolled his eyes

"I really don't want to do it this is all Jackson's idea" I sighed

"Why are you still with him if you love Brittany?" He questioned looking over the food menu.

"I dont know Lush, plus she knows nothing about the marriage" He got up hitting my arm.

"Ouch" I hissed

"Tiana you just told me you loved her & y'all have been having sex why can't you just tell her the truth?"

"Because Lush you know how daddy is he prays the gay away for people like us." I said

"I understand Tee look at me, I have to act straight & dress differently in front of him just so he wont get upset but oh well you are a grown woman & to be honest with you, you are so selfish."

"How?" I questioned.

"College, that night Brittany realized that you would never come out & be yourself."

*Flashback*

"That movie was amazing babe" I said to Brittany who was walking me back to my dorm.

"I know it was especially when I put my hand down your pants" She said biting her lip softly as we stopped at my door.

"I liked that too" I said blushing at her.

"Is Cheryl out?" She asked stepping closer to me.

"Yeah you know tonight was Karen's night off."

"Well let's go inside" She said & we went inside my room & wasted no time making out on the couch.

That was until a knock came on the door, "Shit" I said getting fixing my clothes & so did she.

I pushed my hair back & went over cracking the door to see Jackson standing there with my favorite drink & a video in his hand.

"Hey babe" He said leaning trying to kiss me but I turned my head so it landed on my cheek.

"Hey" He walked in & saw Brittany sitting on the couch pretending to read a magazine.

"Sup Britt" Jack said sitting down next to my other lover.

"Hi" She sighed.

"I am surprised you aren't with what's his name Prince"

"Well Prince wasn't my type thanks for the hook up though." She fake smiled & stood from the couch.

"Look Tiana I gotta go" She said

"Why?" I asked stupidly

"Because I have to umm study" She lied.

"Alright then Britt" Jackson said propping his feet up on the coffee table.

Brittany nodded & looked at me once more with sadness in her eyes before leaving out not saying another word.

*Flashback over*

"Of course I remember that Lush she was heartbroken." I said looking away from him.

"Well-"

"Sup y'all" Jackson said walking in the kitchen with some pizza.

"Hey Jack" Lush said & stood from the stool.

"I will be in the pool Tee" He said walking out.

"What's his problem?" Jack asked laying the box on the counter.

"I don't know.." I trailed walking over opening the pizza box.

"So I was thinking maybe we can get married in a few weeks"

"What?" I asked almost choking on the pizza

"Yeah you know I will gone for a bit & I can not wait to make you my wife." He said walking closer to me.

"Jackson, that is to soon what if people can not come"

"So what, I want it to just be us & some close friends & family I will pay for everything"

"That's not the point Jackson, we can't get married" I said walking past time sighing looking up at the ceiling

"Why Tiana?" He asked

"Because..." I trailed not knowing how to come out & say it.

"Is it someone else?" He asked that caused me to turn around.

Before I could answer Lush ran in the house, "Something happened to daddy"

Fear ran through my body as I ran in the hospital to the nurses station.

"Yes?"

"Teddy Lawson" I said trying to hold back tears.

"Yes ma'am he was bought in a while due to a heart attack."

"Can I see him?" I asked as Jackson &. Lush finally made it to the desk.

"Not right now he needs some rest but if you want to wait I will let the doctor know you are here" I nodded & we walked to the waiting room.

I sat down trying not to cry, My mom died a few years ago & My dad is all I knew he had to be ok because I needed him no matter what.

"You ok?" Jack asked sitting next to me grabbing my hand.

I looked over at him, "No but I will be"