Chapter Eight

"Ooh look at those snow bunnies" Karen said smiling

I nodded as we walked around, "you good?" She asked as Jackson walked ahead of us so he couldn't hear us.

"Naw, Tiana is trippin bro" I said

"Why did you invite Hazel to come up here though B?"

"Because I needed a friend"

"What do you call me?" She asked

"You know what I mean Karen, look I dont want to talk about this."

"Fine but you remember this that girl loves you" She said & I stopped walking as she went ahead.

I sighed looking around at the mountains, I know telling Hazel to come up here was wrong but it's too late now.

I thought back to a time that I had to tell my mom about Tiana & things did not go as planned.

*Flashback*

"Why does it hurt so bad
Why do I feel so sad
Thought I was over you
But I keep crying
When I don't love you
So why does it hurt so bad
I thought I had let you go
So why does it hurt me so
I gotta get you outta my head
It hurts so bad
Oh it hurts so bad baby"

Whitney Houston played in the background as I dialed Tiana's number after I left her house I felt so stupid because I knew she was the one I truly loved.

The phone rung & rung but no answer I hung up the phone & started crying hard.

I heard my bedroom door open & I looked up to see my mom standing there with a confused look on her face.

"Brittany baby you ok?" She asked walking closer to me sitting next to me.

"No" I said sobbing more

"What's his name only a boy makes you cry this much" She said giving me a warm smile & held me close to her.

"H-Her name is Tiana" I said nervously.

"Tiana?" She questioned looking down at me.

"Yes"

"Ooh baby girl" My mother was a christian who always wanted me to find a good man & have babies but she found out I was a lesbian she actually accepted me for who I was but a short time later my father found out & kicked me out the house so I had to move on campus with Karen until we graduated & I moved away to take care of my grandma.

My mom called me one time to apologize but I couldn't deal with the situation & she died not too long after I never forgave myself for not talking things out with her.

*flashback over*

"Britt you good?" Karen asked coming back to get me.

"Yeah I am fine" I said coming out of my trance & followed her down the path.

As we returned to the house we decided to fix dinner for the others before they came back home.

"So Brittany you & Hazel together?" Jackson asked

"Naw, We are just friends" I said not really wanting to talk to him.

"Oh well maybe you can invite her to the wedding"

I stopped what I was doing & looked over at him confused but what he just said.

"Wedding?" I questioned.

"Yeah Tiana didn't tell you we are getting married in two weeks."

"What?" I asked getting pissed by the moment.

"Yeah, I thought she told you"

Karen didn't say anything she just looked between us, "How long have y'all been engaged?"

"For a while now, I mean eventually we were going to get married we been together since high school"

I shook my head not trying to go off, "Seriously?"

Just then the right of the crew walked in & stopped laughing & joking once they saw my facial expression.

Tiana looked like she saw a ghost, "What's going on?" Lush asked

"Baby why didn't you tell Brittany we were getting married?" Jackson asked confused.

"Yeah Tiana why didn't you tell me?"

"Brittany" She started but I stopped her by putting my hand up.

"No, just tell me why?" I asked with tears coming to my eyes.

"Why lie to me?" I asked

"Britt" Karen said coming around to me.

"Let's go upstairs" She said

"No Kay let her answer."

"Britt, I didn't know how to tell you" She said

"What is going on here?" Jackson asked

"Tell him Tiana" I said

"Tell him!" I yelled causing everyone to jump

"Jackson, Brittany & I are lovers"

"What?" He questioned

"Yes, since High school & for some reason she didn't want to tell you"

"Brittany that's enough" Cheryl said

"Naw Cheryl this needs to come out just like you & Karen still fucking needs to come out."

"What did you say?" Cheryl said stepping toward me but Lush pulled her back.

"You know what fuck all this!" Jackson said walking out the room.

"Jackson" Lush said going after him.

"What the fuck Brittany!" Tiana said walking over to me.

"I need to be asking you that, why didn't you tell me you was marrying him?"

"Because I didn't know how to tell you!" She yelled

"Really! After everything we have been through together Tiana! You could have told me!" I yelled causing Karen to pull me back.

"Baby can we talk-"

"No Tiana I am done talking to you, you asked me to trust you & that's what I did"

"Brittany..." She trailed with tears pouring from her eyes.

"No I am done with you, go marry Jackson to impress daddy you are the most selfish person I ever met."

"Come on B"

"She needs to hear this, I tried everything to make you happy I even had to tell my mom about us & what did that get me huh? Kicked out the house by the people I called my parents."

"I wish I never met your sorry ass, do what the hell you want I am done with you"

I walked away from her & went upstairs crying my eyes out in the process.

I never thought it was coming to this moment but it's too late to turn back now.