part 2.

Manuel was staring me and João down. Especially João. I headed towards Manuel and João went to go see the goals. "Hey is everything good?" I asked Manuel. He just glanced at me. Then sighed. "I don't understand how he calmed down so much with you? And you. It's just- Nevermind." He cut himself off. I raised my eyebrow.

No way he was seriously jealous. He was the one who told me to talk to him. And if he wasn't so goddamn oblivious he would see I literally like him. Sure João is cute but, i don't know him like that. We aren't even dating so why'd he get jealous over it. "Manuel please explain." I said sternly.

He sighed again. "You hate new people. So why is it different with him? You just clicked with him so easily. Then when he leaned down you didn't reject it. I don't get it." He said looking anywhere but at me. He was right i had no excuse to be so close to him. But i didn't owe Manuel a explanation. All of sudden he gets jealous when I hang around the guy HE invited.

"Manuel it's not that deep." I said with annoyance in my voice. I looked at him one more time. He couldn't face me. "If that's how you want it." I sighed and walked towards Marya. I don't know why it annoyed me so much. Why now all of a sudden. Whatever.

"Y/N!! " Mayra yelled. She came close to me. "i saw you and João talkingg~" she whispered. No way she thought it was like that too?? We just talked.

"It's not like that. We were just messing around." I mumbled. Why was i getting awkward. I needed to snap out of it. He was a professional football player and one of these days he's gonna have to leave for some game. There's no point of causing problems with Manuel over him.

I could tell Mayra didn't believe me. I looked back at João. I wasn't about to pick him over my 5 long year crush. Yikes. 5 years. And not once have we had a romantic interaction. Maybe it WOULD Be good to get over him. Yea. I'm doing the right thing.

Plus I already told João me and Manuel aren't a thing. So there's no harm in talking to him a bit. I smiled to myself and walked over towards him and Diego. Mayra walked with me. "Hey y/n." João said. God he has such a nice voice.

"Hey." I smiled and felt Mayra elbow me. She had a smirk plastered across her face. God what is she thinking. "Hey Diego can you accompany me to get the snacks out of the car." Mayra said. IM. SHE SET ME UP. WHO THE HELL SAYS ACCOMPANY???

They both walked away leaving me alone with João. "This keeps happening doesn't it." He chuckled. "I don't mind it though." I felt the heat rise to my face. His confidence sky rocketed since I took the grass out of his hair. He was just smiling. I don't know if I'm doing the right thing. Manuel will just get more mad. I knew Manuel was watching. I knew João knew too..

"I would love to get to know you more, just not here. I'm not trying to get any unwanted attention." He said. I knew he was talking about Manuel. "Otherwise I wouldn't get a ride back to my car." He laughed. He looked back down at me. He opened his mouth to speak and stopped.

"What's wrong?" I asked.
"It's nothing" he smiled back at me and went to go take some shots at the goal.

João POV:
She was oblivious about situation. She said they weren't a thing but I can tell. He's jealous. She also didn't say she liked him. They are just friends in her eyes. Hopefully. It was just the way she looked at him. But now it's reversed. When they talked i could see her glare change.

When she walked away he was the one with puppy eyes. He shouldn't start something he can't finish. She's so easy going i wouldn't mind getting to know her. It's just i don't want harm him either.

I kept taking shots at the goal. I know she won't just like me though. For all I know she could be like that with everyone. The little talks we have had were only because Diego and Mayra have walked away. But in all honesty, shes such a amazing person. I feel so at ease. Not to mention she's really pretty.