𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒕𝒉𝒓𝒆𝒆

"You have a Bite mark on your arm!"

We now ran down the school hallway. Suhyeok didn't let go of my hand for a second. Onjo and Cheongsan were only a few meters in front of us.
There was a loud growling behind us. I didn't have to turn my head to know what it was. The steps behind us were getting closer and closer.
"Get in there!" I shouted to everyone and pushed Suhyeok into the classroom. Out of breath, I quickly closed the door behind me and tried to breathe normally.
Still completely out of breath, I turned into the classroom where I spotted my classmates.
And I also saw Namra. "Namra are you okay?" I asked, still out of breath, and looked at her. She just nodded slowly. She also looked very shaken.

Everyone started talking at once.
"Are you okay?" came a voice next to me. "Of course.I almost died but yeah, I'm fine." I said to Suhyeok who laughed slightly.Onjo was looking at me.Not happy.

"We should look for a phone so we can call the police," Cheongsan said, and everyone started looking for phones. Everyone was checking in backpacks and at the ground.
I just stood there and reached into my jacket pocket.
"Uhm-" I started but no one was listening.
"Why are you just standing there?You are probably too important for looking around and help,right?" Nayeon asked me derogatory.
"Actually, I was about to say that I-" I was interrupted by Isak.
"I found one."
Everyone ran to Isak except me. I stood at the edge of the classroom.
"Shit it's locked."
"Maybe it's her birthday?"
"When is that?"
"She's over there. Give it to me." Cheongsan said and took the phone from Isak.
Yeongju stood outside as a zombie in front of the door and pounded against it.Cheongsan went closer to her with the phone to unlock the phone with Face ID.
"For emergency calls you don't have to do that." I mumbled but everyone could hear what I said.
"Why didn't you say that earlier huh?"
Nayeon asked.
"Be glad I said anything at all."
"Why do you suddenly feel confident?" she asked with a raised
eyebrow.
I didn't answer her. I preferred to avoid an argument in such a situation

"What if they think it's a prank and they decide not to come?" Gyeongsu asked when the call was over.
"Well then try again." Nayeon said.
How much I hated that voice.
"And tell them to hurry up!" she added.
"Shhh stop yelling. What if those zombies come back."
"Give me that." Onjo said and took the cell phone from Cheongsan's hand.
I sit on the floor and put my head on my knees. I already knew how the conversation would end. Nobody will come. Nobody will save us.
I felt a hand on mine. I lifted my head from my knees and saw Suhyeok sitting next to me.
"Everything will be fine." He said and stroked my hand. I was overwhelmed
by the situation. So I just didn't do anything.
Somehow it calmed me down a bit.
"Hm, maybe." I whispered in response to his sentence from just now.
"Hurry up the fire is massive." I heard Onjo say when she hung up. Clever Onjo. Maybe someone will come.
That was definitely smarter to say than a horde of zombies attacking our school.

I looked out the window looking for normal students.
"Let's call the cops again." Nayeon spoke up again and got up from a chair.
"Get them to listen."
"I am but they won't pick up."
Onjo said as she tried to call the police again.
"Hey." Nayeon approached Namra who was sitting next to me on a chair.
"Do something. Tell Mrs. Park to come and help."
She wasn't serious right. I laughed lightly. She seemed to hear it.
"Why are you laughing?" she asked.
"It's just um-are you serious? You really want her to go out there to get Mrs. Park?"
"She's the class president."
"But I don't think it's the job of a class president to look for teachers in a zombie apocalypse." I said calmly.
"You've never talked that much before." Nayeon laughed lightly.
"Just to avoid conversation with you,"
I mumbled.

"She only said that because she's the class president," Onjo said.
"Yeah, she's right?"
"So just be patient okay?" said Wujin, who was sitting on a table with Daesu.
"So stupid. Typical." Namra said.
"What's typical?" Onjo asked
"Now that we are in this mess, I'm your class president?"
"We called the police. So I'm sure we'll be fine soon." Suhyeok said.
"But no one is coming." Groaned Nayeon.
"Certainly not if you keep it up." I mumbled.
"Why are you talking so much now?" she asked, walking towards me.
"Huh? Come on say something!"
"If you want help so badly then go look for help yourself." I said and shrugged.
"Ladies, ladies. Can you just stop the whining?" Gyeongsu asked annoyed who was standing at the door.
"Oh now your butting in shithead?" Nayeon asked and turned to him.
"What did you just call me a
shithead?" he asked and walked away from the door.
"Hold the door." Suhyeok said to him.
"I'll do it." I mumbled and wanted to go to the door but Suhyeok held my hand.
"Don't let this become a habit." I said, looking at him seriously.
"I'll try." He said, laughing. I stifled a laugh.

"Go back to the door." Said Suhyeok to Gyeongsu
"Who the hell does she think she is?"
Gyeongsu asked as Daesu and Wujin pushed him back to the door.
Just as Gyeongsu was about to shut the door again, someone ran into the room.
"Coach Kan."
"Are you guys okay?" he asked out of breath.Gyeongsu nodded.
"What about you? You weren't bit?" asked Gyeongsu and walked towards him slowly
"No of course not. I'm, I'm alright." But his arm said something else. A huge bite could be seen.But he tried to cover it
"Uh Suhyeok?" I mumbled. Suhyeok turned to me.
"What's wrong?"
"The coach's arm-" I started but was cut off.

"Hey guys block the door first." Coach Kang said and everyone started to put tables and chairs against the door.
Before that the door also held up without tables and chairs.
"Get moving. Hurry."
"Stack them high."
Suhyeok also walked away from me to put tables against the door.
"Move quickly."
I was still standing on the edge looking at the bite mark on Coach Kang's
arm.
"Hey you!" Nayeon said to me while holding a chair in her hand.
"Don't you want to help?"
I didn't say anything and just looked at her. She rolled her eyes and continued to stack chairs.

"Coach Kang." I started and he turned to me.
"Huh?What?"
"You have a bite mark on your arm." I said quietly looking at his arm.
"What did you say?" He came up to me.
"You have a bite mark on your arm!" Everyone stopped moving the chairs and looked at Coach Kang. As if that had been so hard to notice.
"What?"
"I-I wasn't bitten." he stuttered
"It's a bite mark."
"I said it isn't.Don't talk back to me okay?"
"I think you should leave right now." Isak said standing directly in front of Coach Kang.
"You want me to go out there?"
"After all I did to get here? You want me to go back out?"
"You're actually as good as dead already." I said.I'm shocked about what I just said. Coach Kang turned to me.
"You little brat. Come here."
Coach Kang took a few steps in my direction but then he fell to the ground.He was laying there.Not moving any muscle.
"Guys we should get out of here as soon as possible."
"It's all Gyuri's fault," Nayeon said.
"What does she have to do with it?"
Gyeongsu asked her annoyed.
"She provoked him. Maybe we would have had 3 minutes otherwise."
"Are you actually listening to yourself?" I asked her. She can't be serious.
"But it's true."
This discussion wouldn't get us anywhere so I just stopped talking to her.
"Hurry throw him out!" Nayeon yelled.
Coach Kangs body started to crack. I slowly walked away from him as he stood up. His eyes red and his skin pale. He ran towards us without coordination.
"Get him out!" shouted Nayeon who was standing at the door. Coach Kang ran towards Minji and...
"Minji." Coach Kang had bitten Minji.
"Daesu.I can't.." she started and looked at Daesu.
"I don't wanna die."