𝑪𝒉𝒂𝒑𝒕𝒆𝒓 𝒆𝒊𝒈𝒉𝒕

"Don't ever be embarrassed in front of me

"Don't ever be embarrassed in front of me.Never"
——————————————————-

"What do we do? Onjo and Cheongsan are really close."
"They're going out."
"But Onjo told me they're not."
I only half-heartedly heard the conversation.
My eyes fell on Onjo, who was standing at the window.
Without thinking much about it, I went to her because nobody else was
doing it.

"Hey Onjo. I said softly and touched her shoulder. She winced slightly and wiped away her tears.
"I'm sure Cheongsan is fine." I said, looking at her.
"I don't know why he never listens." Onjo said and looked out the window.
"It's Cheongsan. What do you expect?
A stubborn person." She smiled
slightly at that.
"Don't worry." I tried to cheer her up and put my hand on her shoulder before turning away from her again. It was never really my forte to comfort people but at least I tried.
Outside, several helicopters follow through the area. That's when I got an idea
"Jeon-yeong, you remember the drone we made in the science club?"
"Yeah?"
"We can get it and then look for Cheongsan." I was very convinced of my idea
"It's in the science lab." Suhyeok said and came towards us.
"Uh yeah I know..I'm gonna get it."
"You don't have to play hero here,"
Jimin said from a corner.
"So you don't worry about him?"
I took a deep breath.I hate this girl

"So I'm going." I said and walked towards the open window
"No you're not going." Suhyeok said and pulled me away from the window.
"What the hell.I can make my own decisions."
"Then I'm going." Onjo said and walked past us.
"No Onjo you can't-" I started but was cut off.
"I'm going with Onjo." Jeon-yeong said
"Fine." I muttered, pushing myself away from Suhyeok.
"Onjo." She looked at me
"Be carefull." She nodded at me with a smile before climbing up the fire pit.

I walked across the room and then leaned against the door. Namra got up from her chair and walked over to Suhyeok. Interesting.
I couldn't understand what they were talking about. Maybe I didn't even want to know.
They talked for a while. And I saw Namra smile. She didn't smile often.
Weird

My thoughts and their conversation was interrupted by Jeon-yeong who just climbed into the room.
Finally
"Let's put a note on the drone." I suggested and Onjo looked for notes.
"Here." She held the note right in front of my nose.
"Uh thank you."

I wrote 'Help, We are in the broadcasting room in Hyosan High School' on the note and stuck it on the drone.
"Your handwriting is beautiful." I heard Daesu say.
"Thank you." my 'thank you' sounded more like a question.
"Does it work?"
"Is it working?"
Jeon-yeong took off his glasses and put on the glasses for the drone. He picked up the handset and the drone took off.

"Wait a moment." Namra said before the drone flew out of the window.
"They say that when people know their situation is hopeless, they despair."
"Sweet saying." Daesu was the only one who said something about it.
"But what does that mean?"

"Okay, let's go."
the drone flew out of the window.
I stood next to Jimin and we all looked at the small screen where we could see the drone's perspective.
"Try to fly out of school." I said and the drone flew onto the street.
"Wait." I said, slightly shocked.
"C-can you fly back?" the drone flew back a little
"Kitae.."

I stared at the screen, frozen. I tried to blink away the tears that wanted to come out of my eyes.
Kitae turned to the drone and slammed it to the ground.
I put my hands in front of my face.
"Gyuri you okay?" I heard Suhyeok ask. I looked at him. Do I look okay?
"He's gone..." I whispered.
And I said during our last conversation that I hope I never see him again.
"It's my fault."
"No it's not. How could it have been your fault?" asked Namra.
"I wished he..." I broke off. I'm such a bad person. I should be in his place.
I was still staring at the now black screen.
"Woa he was your brother?" Daesu asked
"We're all talking about the same Kitae, aren't we?"
"What do you mean?" I asked as more tears rolled down my cheeks.
"He used to hang out with Gwinam and the others," Suhyeok said next to me.
"That means you were hanging out with him too?" I asked him.
"Sometimes, but not that often because then I distanced myself from the group," Suhyeok explained.
I just nodded. I couldn't get a word out. I felt guilty. Our last conversation shouldn't have ended like that.

"Excuse me." I said quietly and pulled Suhyeok a little to the side so I could go into the recording room.

I closed the door quietly and now all the tears I had suppressed flowed. "I'm sorry. I'm so sorry. I never should have said that to you." I whispered
A sob came out of me

A knock on the door made me jump. Before I could say anything the door opened.
"May I come in?" I heard Suhyeok ask. "Well you already so." I said while I tried to wipe away my tears. But new ones kept coming
"Hey don't cry." Suhyeok closed the door and walked towards me
"I don't want you to see me like this." I said and turned away from him
"Look at me." He said in a gentle tone and turned me to him so that I had to look into his eyes.
"Don't ever be embaressed in front of me.Never." His hand moved to my face and his thumb stroked my cheek.
Not a single word came out of me. I was so overwhelmed by the situation
"You are way too beautiful.You shouldn't be crying." he added and wiped away my remaining tears.