22

I woke up this morning to a bunch of text from Mark. He explains everything that happened to me before reminding me I have an interview today...

Best day ever!

Things I did as a teen are over now though, I was just living my life and I'm different now and a whole lot more mature.

I go into my bathroom and take a quick shower before Dakota is awake. I decide to wear a cream colored tank top and low rise cargo pants.
I go to my bathroom and put on light makeup before I go to the kitchen where my whole family is talking to each other.

"Tatum, tell mom she should let me get a tattoo" Kayla looks up at me. "You are 16 years old, you don't need meaningless ink in your skin" She tells her. "You know I'm standing right here and I have a whole lot of meaningless ink on my body" I laugh

"It can have meaning, what if Tatum came with me and got the same one? It's like a sister thing you know"
I turn my head back to her, I like that idea. "Yes let her please mom" I give my mom a smile.
"Don't get to carried away Tatum. I saw the news and I'm very disappointed" my dad walks into the living room.

Shit

"Dad everything is different now. Everyone does that stuff in high school I'm sure you did too" I say.
"He's being dramatic, we knew since you were a senior" Mom whispers in my ear grabbing my attention. "You knew?" I say in shock.
"Wha- how?"

"It's pretty easy to tell when you look like garbage every morning after you come home from hanging out with your friends" Dad says, slightly insulting me.
"Why did you never get mad at me"

"We knew you were just having fun and being safe, we never saw that you're were driving while drunk" He explains. "And that makes you two the best parents ever. So how about that tattoo?"

...

harry: it's not as bad as it seems

tatum: your kidding right? everyone is overreacting bc making it worse than it is

tatum: did you see the people saying that i'm addicted and putting my daughter in danger

harry: but you're not, i have never once seen you drink

tatum: that's because you met me when i was pregnant.

harry: true

harry: just try to stay relaxed okay? i love you text me after.

tatum: i love you

I texted Harry in panic before the interview. Of course with everything going on right now, this interview is going to be picked apart trying to find evidence that I'm a bad person.

"Are you ready?" Some lady pokes her head into the room I'm in getting mic-ed up. "Yes"
When I'm finished I follow her to the side of the stage. "Okay you are on in 3, 2, 1"
I walk out into the stage that has a bunch of lights on it with multiple people sitting in front in the audience.

"Hello, I'm Tatum" I shake the interviewers hand. "Hi Tatum, I'm Brad"

"It's nice to meet you" I say before taking a seat. I take a breath trying to do nothing wrong.
"I hear you just had a baby. How is that going?" He asks clearly holding back. "It's amazing I love my daughter so much"
"And your very public relationship, how is that?"

"It's definitely a struggle but we understand what each of have to do for work and such which has definitely been a struggle in past relationships"

"Speaking of past relationships. You were recently live and stated that you child's father is not in her life, why is that?"

"I don't want to speak too much on this right now but let's just leave it with some people don't deserve to make a family and get to stick around after certain mistakes are made" I hold back. I would love to speak out on everything that I have been put through just in the past 2 years but it's neither the time nor place and who is to say that I would be believed.

"Now let's get in the big stuff. How do you feel about the news spreading on your high school years"

"Here's the thing. I was a teenage girl raised in a world where that is the normal. Though I wasn't forced to do anything that I did, I don't regret it. That's just life. I was only living and having fun I never put anyone in danger." I look back into the audience. "Have you seen the comments on you putting you're family in danger?"

"I have and it makes me disappointed in the world because they take the word of other people and make their own story. I wouldn't ever do anything to hurt anyone. My daughter is safe and healthy and that's a miracle"

"Why do you say that's a miracle?" He asks. I stay silent getting flashbacks to that day in my apartment. Getting hit in my stomach multiple times before going unconscious.

"I- is their any water?" I ask quietly trying to take a deep breath.

"Of course. Is something wrong?"

"No Im just need some water" I try to laugh but he doesn't seem convinced.
Someone hands me a water and Brad moves on.

"So. You're last album has been out a few years, is their anything coming out soon"

"I really hope so but I'm not in a very good position for that" I laugh this time meaning it.