Prolouge

I laugh at the joke Harry just made. "He is perfect" Harry tells me. "He has your nose" I tell him as we look down at our 3 week old Parker.

"Mommy can we do the surprise now?" Dakota asks. She's 6 now. "Yes let's do it" I stand up leading Kota to the kitchen. I grab the envelope hidden in the junk drawer. She grabs it out of my hand and faces to the back door to join Harry back at the picnic table.

"What's this" Harry asks as she hands it over. "Open it daddy!" She jumps up and down.
When she started speaking, she called Harry her dad and never stopped. I made sure to explain to her that Harry isn't her real dad but she made it a point to tell me that he is because he is here with her and Alex isn't.

Harry begins to open the envelope as Dakota urges hun to go quicker. He grabs the paper inside and starts to read it. I watch as tears form in his eyes.

"Will you be my real daddy!?" Dakota cuts to the chase as soon as he reads the adoption papers. She asked me a few months ago if Harry could be her real dad and wouldn't give it a break until I got the papers to legally make him her guardian.

"I would love to be your dad" He picks her up. Kota laughs as the two of the spin around and I can't help but smile at the sight of my family.