005. blurry visions

SCARLETT awakes with a scorching headache, feeling the pulse of her heartbeat drumming and echoing loudly in her ears

Her mouth is dry, fatigue controls her body, and an instant wave of nausea seeps through her once she starts to stir around her bed. Blinking, she struggles to get her eyesight adjusted to the bright lighting of the morning sun.

It takes a few more minutes as she sighs loudly, rubbing her eyes and yawning before getting used to the sun's rays piercing through her window, casting a golden light upon her soft sheets.

Scarlett sits up, her head still aching. She buries her face in her hands and sighs heavily yet again, cursing herself for not drinking water in between her glasses of alcohol.

Her feet soon touch the cold floor, and she realises she is still dressed in last night's attire, her skirt risen to her hips, one strap loose around her upper arm.

"Shit," she mumbles as the room spins for a fragment of a second. She steadies herself by pressing a hand onto her mattress, fluttering her eyes close to stop the spiralling vision from occurring.

She doesn't even remember how she got back to the dorm. How she managed to take her shoes off.

Tugging the dress down to her thighs, she walks unhurriedly out of her bedroom, still half asleep.

Scarlett silently thanks the universe for not bumping into Malfoy—their common living space is empty, the curtains of the room still drawn, a peaceful silence reigning. She walks to the kitchenette and pours herself a large glass of water, which she downs rapidly.

And when she lies down onto the sofa, she groans beneath her breath, barely able to keep her eyes open as her pulse drums to a painful level, almost threatening to crack her skull open with each thud.

Scarlett shuts her eyes. She doesn't seem to be noticing Onyx hopping onto the armrest before making his way to lay down on her stomach.

And even when she slightly shivers, having forgotten to pull a blanket over her body, she doesn't so much as move, too tired to keep herself warm.

___________

About two hours later, Scarlett wakes up to the muffled sounds of staggered breaths, heavy pants and throaty grunts.

She has to blink multiple times, let a few heartbeats pass by to realise those sounds come from Draco's room.

Onyx is curled into a ball at her feet, and when she realises a cream blanket is draped over her body, she frowns. Bright light is entering the room, fresh air swivelling around—the cool breeze contrasting with the warmth of the duvet's embrace upon her frame. Looking to her left, a tiny white pill is placed next to her glass of water atop the coffee table.