• i m a g i n a t i o n •

He was holding her in his arms. His hand was running through her hair.

She was sleeping, but he was thinking in the dark while holding her tighter and tighter.

He can feel the way she was breathing in his chest.

Everything was weird. A black fog woke him to reality. It was filling the room with its dusky smoke where you cannot see a thing.

Christopher... she called his name. He tried to hug her when he heard her voice but she wasn't there anymore.

He tried to reach for her, but she was nowhere. He panicked, he sat up from the bed, trying to look for her. As he step forward he found himself on the same roof where the black creature appeared for the first time.

The fog started to disappear slowly. As the fog was disappearing he saw a female figure near the edge of the cliff.

- Athena? He called her name, but no answers. Since he approached her, the female figure was making small steps to the edge.

- Athena! His voice was alert by the person's action.

He walked slowly to the person's body, but as he finally reached to touch the person, it evaporated. He was confused, but when he looked back, the black creature punched him. He was falling into a black void without an end.

He woke up in a sweat bath, looking for his wife. She wasn't in bed, she wasn't in the bathroom either, nor in the kitchen.

- A-Athena? He spoke fearfully.

He tried to call her, but she wasn't answering his calls. His body started to fill with panic. He took his keys and was ready to leave the house when she appeared in front of the door.

- Oh! You woke up! Here, take this. She said giving him one of the nets she have in her hands.

He was confused, drained out by the hysterical reactions he had some minutes ago.

- Where were you? He asked.

- Well, as you can see, I was doing some shopping. She said while she put the other net on the table. Here, give me that. She said to him while taking the net she gave him before entering the house.

- I called you... He said in a low soft voice.

- You didn't hear my phone calling from the other side of the door? She asked him with a questioning face.

- Hm? He replied to her while his eyebrows raised.

- You had a nightmare again? She asked in a melodious voice while she approached him. What did you dream of this time, love? She said while she put her hands on his shoulders.

- It was confusing... the dream... He replied to her while his head was lying on her left shoulder.

He was hugging her from her waist while her left hand was on his head, patting him softly.

- It's okay, don't worry. I am here.

- I don't even know when I fell asleep... It felt like I was still awake. He said while he rubbed his face against her neck.

- That's okay, sunshine. Let's cook, what do you think?

- Cook what? He said while he raised his head to face her.

- Let's see... I didn't know what to cook so I... bought a lot.... she said while she went to the table where the nets were.

- Oh, Athena, Athena... He said with a soft smile on his face.

After breakfast, he changed into his work clothes and went to his office.

She was home doing the house chores. Suddenly the doorbell started to ring, she was confused but curious. When she opened the door there was nobody but a letter on the carpet in front of the door. She took the letter and entered back into the house.