Anakin • Enemy Ship

Prompt: you are in trouble in an enemy ship, but Anakin Skywalker saves you.

•    •    •

Spying on the generals wasn't the best way to spend your days, at least that was what some people believed. There was something quite intriguing about hearing them talking, watching the way they acted, and seeing that they truly believed in their purposes and ideas. I always wanted to understand what makes anyone defend their ideas, how could anyone be so blind? Was there something else they could see that we didn't comprehend?

I wanted to believe that this war wasn't simply about the light and darkness, maybe there was a gray area too. But maybe those thoughts were in my mind as a result of some nights without sleep, sleeping in an enemy ship was out of the question, no matter how well I was hiding.

I took notes of almost everything they said about their plans, attacks, and strategies... every idea worse than the other. It wasn't so hard to invade their ship, the hard part was escaping alive.

I looked at my notes, they were detailed enough to make General Skywalker satisfied. It was time to move.

"Let's go, R2," I whispered, and we made our way out of the ship's ventilation tube.

The room was quiet, nobody was there but me and the little droid. "R2, send a message to Skywalker telling him to send a ship, our job here is done." R2D2 cheered as he got ready to send the message, the droid was as excited as me to get out of this horrible place.

But the excitement was fast replaced by fear, because moments later, the door opened and a battle droid entered, my first reaction was to shoot the enemy droid, but I wasn't fast enough, because the droid warned other enemies that we were here — a spy's worst nightmare. 

"Wait for the Jedi to arrive while you hide, R2!" I didn't need to say it two times, the droid did as I said while I ran from the room and prepared my blaster for the battle I knew that was coming. I could already hear the heavy metal steps of enemy battle droids coming, but I had too much valuable information to give up now, I had to find a way out of this ship one way or another.

With the blaster in my hand, I ran through the large white corridors, the air was always cold here, but it didn't stop me from sweating. When I give the information I have to the Jedi, everything would be worth it. I just had to get out of this ship.

The sounds of enemy droids were louder now, they weren't too far behind me. My blaster would be in action very soon. The battleship area was bigger than I expected, and the small ships were fast enough to get R2 and I out of this place safely, but I was a spy, not a pilot. Where was R2 when I needed him the most?

The enemy droids finally arrived, I was ready to fight them, but as soon as they raised their shields I knew my blaster or, by the way — any other gun I had, wasn't going to affect them. 

When they started shooting, I had the feeling I wasn't going to do it for too long, working for the Jedi was an honor for sure, but a dangerous one. Luckily, my duty was ninety percent of the time away from the battlefield, but the other ten percent...

The sounds of the blasters were ear-piercing and consistent, the droids had no hesitation as they shooted uncountable times, they weren't here to take any prisoners, they were sent here to kill

The sounds of the blasters were ear-piercing and consistent, the droids had no hesitation as they shooted uncountable times, they weren't here to take any prisoners, they were sent here to kill. This was their way.

A familiar sound got my attention away from the battle droids. "R2? What are you doing here? I told you to hide, did the Jedi answ-" I was interrupted by a shot that went way too close to my head, so I ran behind one of their battleships, it would give us some seconds. 

I could hear the shots damaging the perfectly built ship when R2 demanded my attention again, but this time the droid didn't need to tell me if the rescue was coming, because a blue Lightsaber called my attention. The Jedi used the force to throw the droids away and destroy them as their shields fell, his movements were precise. Fighting was a kind of dance, you had to know the correct steps to keep going, and if you did anything wrong, you would fall. But differently from dancing, if you fall in a battle, you may never rise again.

After the Jedi destroyed the enemy droids one by one, R2 didn't lose time to rush toward him. There is only one person I know that could make R2 so happy like this. "General Skywalker."

"Y/n, we must go, those battle droids are not the only ones coming to stop us," Anakin said, and we followed him to his ship. The Jedi Knight placed his hand on my shoulder in a recomforting way before I entered his ship, and that's how I knew I did a great job.

•    •    •

After we left, I gave him all the notes I took during the time I was spying, he would be able to plan a counterattack and destroy their plans now. This was an important victory for us, for democracy.

"For a moment, I thought you weren't coming, general," I said, and I knew he could sense the hesitation in my voice. I was ready to die for our cause, but still.

No answer, he was simply focused on piloting the ship, he was a natural on it.

Until... "You can call me Anakin," he said not really answering what I told him, he was just breaking the silence.

"Well, thank you for coming, Anakin," I didn't know what else I could say.

We were in lightspeed now, we couldn't trust that the enemy wasn't going to follow us, or worse, explode our ship. The silence wasn't uncomfortable, we were all relieved that nothing went wrong — when compared to all the things that could have happened. 

 After a moment, the Jedi, Anakin, finally answered me. "I would never leave you there to die, y/n, you don't need to worry if the rescue will come or not, because while I am here, you will never be left behind."