Chapter 1: The Four Seasons

Sentenced to death, the Frigaderian stood before the Archeon council pleading for his life. His hands shaking , his lips cracking from dryness.

"What wrong have I committed ?" he asked in a low timid voice. Staring down at his chained ankles ,his knees exposed through his ripped pants. 

But as his feet sank deeper into the soft sands of Il Reprama, to the far corner he noticed a bright green shrub growing , this ignited him.

"I have only fallen inlove , is that a sin." He shouted timidly.
"If that is a sin then we have all sinned !" He shouted no longer timid, his aura and desires burning through Il Reprama.
But this was to no avail , as love between people from the different nations was the ultimate crime and it deserved the ultimate punishment.

" You have broken one of the divine laws, no mercy shall be given to you." The Magistrate stood firm with the ruling
"Only death can absolve you." He continued

Hanna his accomplice stood in the crowd in despair , he had sacrificed himself so she could get away. But she couldn't find the will to leave him there.
Il Reprama the ultimate court and graveyard of the convicted. It's fires reaching temperatures capable of melting gold.
The Executioner was ready , his Hell bow bursting into flames , sweat pouring down the face of on lookers.
The magistrates closed their books, some had already left.

The crowd began to leave but Hanna stayed, sweat pouring down her face and in her eyes the flames  from the Hell bow reflected.

The little green shrub she had made in the sand for him had wilted instantly and so was his desire to live.

She knew what was coming next,  but to the side of her cheek there was a smile, rubbing her belly and staring into the flames , she too left the court in silence.

16 years later
"Eric sit down grandma is here to see you" Hanna bellowed.

It was Erics 16th birthday his blue green eyes glistened at the sight of Grandma Joyce.

"Your finally a man my boy" she muttered ,her glasses hanging off her nose.

Grandma Joyce had come to tell Eric the story of Pangea, it was a Vernallion tradition.
" It is time for your enlightenment my boy , listen closely."
Grandma's hair was as grey as ashes , she had green vines growing  through her hair  , her eyes bright green. Showing she was a true vernallion and around her neck stood the Jewel of the Cherith.

The ancient symbol of our family's power. This Jewel was passed down to the elders of our family. It was  a Vernallion Sacred weapon , one of only seven such special weapons existed in the spring kingdom and she had one.

She leaned forward her hands shivering as she pressed her wooden stick in the ground . Her lip cringing.

"We are Vernals , members of the Spring tribe, our creator the spring deity  Vernalha watches over all of us." she coughed and then yelled at Hanna to bring her some water.

The story goes that at the origins of the world , the four main celestial beings divided the earth. Each being would rule over specific time period which together would contribute to the cycle of life on earth.
These  time periods were known as the seasons.

The hot tempered Zumarians represent summer, they can harness the power of the sun but remain weak at night.

The  floating  Altorizans are aligned with autumn, they are masters of death and the Air.

The ice-headed Frigaderians praised winter and are true legends of the Ice.

We the  Vernallions are in love with spring , the Forrest, the trees  and the plants  are our affinity and growth is our nature.