ONE

[FML]

[FML]

September 13th, 2016
Tuesday
6:34 pm

Dear diary,

You know how I said I wanted to live life as a background character, completely hidden from all the drama and spotlight the main characters receive?

I think the universe heard me and decided to stomp on that dream, because a little bit of the spotlight has been trickling on me lately.

"Faye," my eyes shot up at the sound of my name.  People around me shuffled about, gathering their stuff and getting up to leave as the final bell had rung.  I glanced over to my teacher—the one who called me—and shot him a questioning look.  Did he catch me dozing off earlier?

He stared back at me blankly.  "Please stay after class for a bit.  I have something important to discuss with you," he stated monotonously.  He definitely caught me, I gulped and nodded before sitting back in my seat as the rest of the class trickled out of the room.  Milo was the last one out, rearing his hand up into a fist and mouthing "fighting!"  as he left and closed the door behind him.  He better wait on me. Turning away from the door, I looked back at my teacher as an uncomfortable and suffocating silence flooded the room.

Mr. Lee; full name Lee Junseo , roughly around 32 years old. He's a well kept man, always making sure to dress nicely, whether with dress pants and a button-up shirt or a full blown suit. His deep brown hair was alway slicked back in a neat swoop, and everyday he wears silver-rimmed glasses (that I still believe aren't prescription) to adorn his daily look. Mr. Lee is also quite the handsome teacher with a nice complexion, a well-defined bone structure, and a sharp jawline. Being in his presence alone was—I won't lie—a little intimidating.

Before this meeting, I would have confidently told you Mr. Lee was my favorite. He's the school's english teacher, which basically makes his class an easy A for me since it's more like the english I learned in the 5th grade. But, since it was my first language, Mr. Lee made sure to make it a little more engaging for me, assigning creative writing prompts for each week. I always had a love for creative writing back home, so I'm grateful that he made sure I had it here too.

However, what he had to talk to me about in this meeting was far less exciting than those little prompts.

I slowly stood from my desk and shuffled my way to the front of his. "What do you need, Mr. Lee?" I asked in a whisper, my fingers fiddling with each other. I had never been in much trouble here before, always making sure I didn't draw attention to myself. To say I was a bit nervous was an understatement.