✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩ℂℍ𝔸ℙ𝕋𝔼ℝ 𝟘𝟝✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

The palace walls were dark and cold looking while the windows were large and covered with snow on their edges outside. Dark curtains were on each side of said windows, hugging them like a blanket, while portraits of different scenarios were hanging on the walls. Tamara eyed them with curiosity, while she stayed close to the Captain. Between those, a few pictures were large mirrors, that reflected someone when walking past them, while they mainly were focused on reflecting the very window they were in front of and the weather outside, that they were showing. On small tables or larger ones stood a few vases and books in old writing, if not even in Khaenri'ahn language.  A language forgotten 500 years ago when the Gods destroyed the Nation. When turning her gaze for one second away to admire the books in front of her and that she had been walking past, Tamara flinched hearing a noise echo through the castle and she right away hurried toward the Captain. Hearing her quick footsteps, Capitano turned his head slightly to eye the young woman. She had her hands tight around his cloak that was still over her small body, while she looked around. She was fascinated by this place, considering the fact, she never had been there before. But for the Captain, it was nothing new. For years, he had been walking through those halls, when he was on his way to his office, or to the Jester when it came to an important meeting he had to attempt to. If he were in Tamara's position, he would surely react the same. She never traveled and she never was outside of Snezhnaya or Morepesok for the fact. He couldn't help but...find it amusing, how she was acting currently.

The two eventually reached a large staircase, that led up to the upper floors of the palace. Tamara stopped and stared at the icy-looking staircase, that had in their midst a red carpet, that clothed the ground they were walking on. She hesitated to follow, a sudden sense of fear washing through her body, that made her unable to move. 
Capitano had by now reached the end of the staircase, noticing just now, the female didn't follow him. He turned and stared down at her now smaller-appearing form, as she hesitated to get up the steps. He couldn't blame her for that either. Not many people outside the Harbingers, Servants, and Agents entered the Palace and came for that matter out alive. She almost died herself, if he did not come at the right minute to stop Dottore. Otherwise, her red scarlet blood would've painted the snow under her, gotten rid of her head and precious life." Tamara", he spoke up after a bit of silence. The woman flinched and met with the Captain's gaze before she walked up the stairs to get to him. The cloak went over the stairs smoothly that she left behind, almost like a dress, but it stopped when she reached the Captain's side. Capitano gave her a curt nod before he turned and continued to walk, with Tamara right by his side. The walk was silent while they turned around various corners in the palace, before stopping in front of a wooden door. Tamara perked up at the name plastered on it, written in gold.

Tʜᴇ Jᴇsᴛᴇʀ "Pɪᴇʀʀᴏ"

The young woman gulped a little, feeling once more fear and nervousness rise in her body. The Jester was known to be the Leader Fatui Harbinger, who recruited most of the Fatui, under them Il Dottore and La Signora, the Crimson Witch of Flames. She hesitated next to the Captain, clutching the cloak tight in her hold, as she stared at the golden name. Capitano turned his head slightly to her but remained quiet. Raising his hand, he didn't hesitate to knock, making the young woman next to him jump at the sudden sound that filled the silent halls of the palace. If it were under other circumstances, the Harbinger would've looked certainly amused behind his mask. But in this situation, this was not the right way to act. 

A moment of silence was heard before a voice was speaking up from behind the closed office door:" Come in." Tamara swallowed thickly, looking up at Capitano, who didn't look at her, his gaze was set on the wooden door. Eventually, after a few more seconds, the door opened, revealing the Leader of the Harbingers. 

Tamara's blood ran cold seeing him eye to eye. She heard a lot of things about him, but who wouldn't have? People talk, rumors make their way around and things get fantasized about the main event, where no one even knew if that would be even true. But the things she had heard were enough for her. 
Pierro looked at his fellow Harbinger before his gaze went over to Tamara, who had her eyes quickly cast downward, gulping down the lump in her throat, that had formed. The two males shared a quick but silent glance toward her before Pierro engaged in a conversation with the Captain:" I do believe, the issue you want to address is connected to her, is it not?" Capitano nodded, grateful that he didn't need to elaborate to the Jester what had transpired down in front of the palace stairs with Dottore, Tamara, and the two Pyro Agents.

Pierro nodded his head, stepping aside to let the both of them enter his office:" Then please come inside. We got a lot to talk about." His Khaenri'ahn-colored eyes looked at the young woman gently, understanding her nervousness and certain fear. He doesn't blame her either. Encountering one of the Harbingers like that was truly not something Tamara had in mind when she came to the palace...

✧ ೃ༄*ੈ✩

YES! I am alive. I just had a burnout on this Story and needed some time to think. This Chapter was long started but never finished due to the burnout and I have some private problems to deal with. I hope I will find some more motivation to continue this Story, now that my inner Capitano Simp has been reawakened xD
Otherwise, enjoy the Chapter, even when it is short!