❥︎ 00 . teaser one ;

00 ;

"i have these reoccurring dreams, or should i say nightmares? they haunt, creep and constantly mess with my sleep. yet sometimes i see a faint trail of moondust, but i knew that it wasn't you- because you always left behind stardust..."

~•♡︎•♡︎•♡︎•~

"falling in love with you, was the worst decision in my life."

and suddenly he was reliving the same day.

over.

and over.

and over again.

in his nightmares.

he twisted and churred in his soft bed. squinting his eyes as he groaned in discomfort of the nightmare.

some nightmares you may be getting chased, others is just some wild animal is hunting you down..

but his? aether? oh no, it was much more different.

suddenly, he was reliving the moment she said those words that haunted him silently. how the cliff beneath them cracked, a sword in her chest as she weakly pushed him on the stable ground. although nothing could change the past, aether still reached out his hand as he shouted.

"don't say that! damnit, please-"

yet again it was too late, as he stumbled and fell. his dreamscape turning into what one would recall as the abyss.

this time, it was both him and her. aether was looking over her, a sword against her neck as she laid there

"i thought i loved you, guess i didn't.."

"you never meant that aether- stop lying-"

he repeatedly told himself. the guilt lingered in his heart, words that were said could not be taken back. and the damage done hovered over his mind.

his hands stained with her blood, his shoulders carried the burden of seeking revenge. the stars had taken away the shine in his eyes as he delved further into his own abyss.

"aether? wake up. it's time."

a distorted voice spoke, yet it had a sense of familiarity that aether noticed. his voice breathless as he responded.

"time for what?"

he didn't have any plans, life went on but no new adventures nor quests came. only the development of the modern era that immortals like him had to go through.

aether could barely register the unrecognisable glowing figure in front of him, as he reached out for it like a siren's call.

"to reconcile silly.."

it chuckled at its own words. the glowing palm of its hand touched his.

"let's do the things we should've done a long time ago.

before we knew the taste of blood and war.

i'm sorry that we didn't have enough time in the past,

but what i can do is give you the present, the now. "

the glow dimmed, and his vision turned black. before coming back to reality it spoke with a hauntingly calm aura.

"let us use this opprotunity to apologise,
for the sins of our past."

~♡︎•♡︎•♡︎~

( prewritten ; 17/12/22 )

( published ; 02/03/23 )