Chapter 12: Shrine of the Divine

"INTRUDERRRRRSSSSS!!! GET OUT OF MY SHRINE THIEVESSSS!!!"

"Miss... Aurora... it's us...!" Mari says, as her face was smacked and dragged against the hard ground.

Aurora pants heavily, ready to strike again. But then she gets a good look at us and realize we aren't some thieves. Her face goes pale and gasps in panic. "Waaaaah! Oh no!!!" She screams.

She runs out to Mari and lifts her upper body. "Miss Marina, are you alright!?" She asks.

"This is the third time this week..." Praxis mutters shamefully.

"Third?" I comment shockingly.

Praxis lets out a long sigh as she takes the parasol back inside the shrine. "Royal guard of Mahono is her and at your service... Lady Aurora," she says with a very unmotivated attitude, as if she puts up with this on the daily.

Chronicles of Mysteria: Anima | Vol. 1

Chapter 12: Shrine of the Divine

Original Story by Queen Ookami
Lead Editor: Evonni Carter
Supporting Editor: Coltan Roquet

Aurora Kitsuna, one of the three tailed foxes who represent the Divine Beasts of the Kitsuna Faction of Sakura. As for her appearance, she has a golden theme to her hair, tail, and ears. Her eyes are red with a sharp cat-like pupils. My perception tells me that she's strong, very strong... despite that, she appears very young and is in fact the youngest sister of the three.

Once Aurora regains her senses and fully understands our reasons for being here, she invites us in the shrine and offers drinks. She makes the same drinks Mari made us but this time it tastes sweeter according to Raven. I look at cup filled of tea with curiosity as to why that is the case.

"It's been mixed in with some berry herbs. Mahono's leaves are very flavorful and adds so much to it!" Aurora says, proud of her knowledge.

We take a moment to sip our drinks, then Mari proceeds to bow in front of Aurora.

"Lady Aurora, I hope we are not disturbing you."

Aurora looks at her nervously, putting her cup down. "Heheh... Miss Marina, you can skip the formalities. We hang out every day after all," Aurora says, giggling it off.

Mari sits up and blushes. Her face in shock, as if Aurora has told a secret. "U-Uhm! Of course, lady Aurora! Ahem... so, we have completed our task in rescuing the residents of Hikari. Minimal casualties were reported during the escort. Of course we are still treating the injured from the tragedy but no deaths are confirmed."

Aurora smiles and says in a formal tone, "That most fortunate to hear!" She then turns to Raven and myself. "And what of these two? What business do I have with them?"

"They are the few survivors of many from the tragedy. However, they are looking for a certain someone," Marina answers.

"Who is it you're looking for then?" Aurora asks us.

"We're looking for Myra Murabaki," I say boldly. "Black hair, blue eyes, wields a sabre."

Aurora's eyes widen slightly. "The hero of Hikari?"

"Yeah, she was our guardian," Raven says.

Aurora hesitates to answer and instead takes the time to stare into Raven's eyes.